Stay With Me

This song is Stay With Me by You Me At Six. It has absolutely nothing to do with the story; I needed a song. The only line I actually paid attention to was 'Stay with me'; so I guess it works.

-----

I was on watch, standing on top of the wall. Everything here sucks; who even voted for Bellamy to win in the first place? Just because he can yell motivational speeches means he should be our leader? What happened to 'no rules'? Fuck that. I saw Octavia and a few others leave the camp. It's Octavia; I should tell Bellamy- but I don't care if she dies. I'll pretend I didn't see it. Yeah, I'm an asshole.

A minute later though, they came back with a body. I recognised this body, who- Murphy! I jumped down from my guard and ran over to him. I stood in front of him and looked in his eyes, touching his chin to make him look up at me. "What happened to you?" I asked, bending down slightly. He tried to speak, but couldn't.

"Get him to the drop ship!" I said, taking one of his sides, excusing one of the guys who was helping carry him. We leant Murphy against a wall. Murphy and I were always close; close friends when he wasn't always following Bellamy. I grabbed a cloth and began to wipe away blood from his body. I gained the occasional hiss from him, and looked in his eyes. He looked so... I don't know. Pained? No... Vulnerability.

I moved to his hands and gasped; his fingernails were missing. Clarke and Bellamy were talking about his condition. Murphy was banished; and I wasn't there to go with him. I'm a hunter; I could have helped him survive. I would have gone with him, but I wasn't there when it happened. I had no idea where he was. But now he's back, and I'm not leaving him... After all, he's stood by me a few times. Are they going to banish him again? Kill him for returning? Where else could he go? If he goes, I go with him.

Bellamy came in and glared at Murphy. "You're lucky Clarke believes in second chances" Bellamy said. Clarke then walked in with blood dripping from her eyes. "A virus' going around camp" she said urgently, looking through her medicine box. "There's nothing for this" she muttered to herself. "You" Bellamy growled, before he could do anything though, three more people came in. "Don't touch each other!" Clarke said. "It spreads through contact" she said, she went outside to warn the others.

I looked down at my hands; too late, I've got it. That night I was across from Murphy, leaning against a wall with my eyes closed. I could feel his eyes on me. "Where did you go?" I asked, "I was banished" he said. I looked at him, "I'm sorry" I said. "For what?" he asked. I teared up, I don't want him to go again. When Bellamy said that Murphy was lucky that Clarke believes in second chances, did that mean Murphy was allowed to stay?

"I didn't know. I would have done something-" I said, but was cut off. "There's nothing you could have done" he said, his fore arms resting against his knees. "I wish this didn't happen to you" I said. Murphy scoffed, "Come here" he said. I curled up in a ball against his side. "Are you staying?" I asked. "Bellamy and Clarke are alright with it. But I don't particularly want to stay after they tried to float me" he said bitterly. "Then I'll come too" I said. "Do you realise how dangerous it is out there?" he asked. "Yeah, but I'm a hunter. If I can shoot a deer then I can shoot a Grounder. I don't want you to be alone" I said.

"I don't want to die alone, but I don't want you to die. You're one of the few people I can stand, you should stay here where its safe" he said. "Safe? No where's safe. The Ark's dying, everyone here is being hunted, everything's gonna die, Murphy" I said. All of a sudden I felt sick, I turned away from Murphy and vomited up blood. I began breathing heavy from fear. What is this? Internal bleeding? Am I going to die? Is Murphy gonna die? Are we all going to die?

"Shh" he said, pulling me back into his chest and kissing my forehead. He was so bloody and beat up, that I just cried. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I gently pried myself off of him, and he gave me a confused look. He's too much of a tough guy to ask why I wasn't touching him anymore; even though I could tell he didn't want me to go. "You're hurt; I don't want to push on your cuts and bruises" I said. He scoffed again, looking away. "Its no where near as bad as what the grounders did... This, this is like a good pain" he said. I turned into his side and nuzzled into the crook of his neck. Moments later he tapped my arm.

I looked up to his face and he had a blank stare on. He looked scared, but out of place. As if this is something awkward for him. He grabbed my jar lightly and kissed me. "We stay together" he said, leaning his forehead against mine with his eyes closed. I nodded, holding onto his wrist from where his hand still held my jaw. He leaned down and kissed me rougher.