Breath

Seriously this is one I've been wanting to do for ages. It's perfect for Murphy, about how hollow the person appears, yet how alluring and evil they are- and- it's just- Ah, perfect.. It's perfect for who he is more than it is for this song. Oh well. This is Breath by Breaking Benjamin.

-----

I got up from the ground, a slit on the bridge of my nose bleeding and busted lip. I glared down Bellamy and Octavia, who was standing behind her brother. I snickered and left the tent to sit outside another random tent further away for Bellamy's.

"Fucking Bellamy" I muttered.

"You too, huh?" Murphy asked, stepping out of a tent. I unclenched my jaw and looked up at his standing figure.

"Yeah, I'm just... So sick of this place. Everything here sucks" I said, looking him dead in his blue eyes.

"You're telling me" he sighed, taking a seat beside me.

"So, what happened to you?" he asked me, looking at my nose and lip.

"Bellamy hit me" I said.

"He did what!?" Murphy said, flinching slightly and tensing.

"I hit his little sister for calling you a- uh- well... She basically said you should have been killed.." I said, watching his face. He didn't seem phased but.. Touched? Touched that I stood up for him? He didn't speak so.. I did.

"Oh well. Bellamy's always hated me. Octavia hates me, and she made up some bullshit stories so that Bellamy would hate me, too because she knows that her brother likes everyone until given a reason not to. She's a fucking bitch" I said.

"So is he" Murphy said, his lips pressing into a thin line.

"So what're you doing out here?" I asked him, looking to his injured face; a busted lip, nose, eye brow and a black eye. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find that attractive; it makes someone look tough, like a fighter who survived and endured.

"Came out for some air, to think, I guess. Clear my head a little" he said.

"What's in your heavy mind?" I asked.

"A lot of things" he smirked, looking at me. He moved over closer to me and rubbed his knuckles.

"If Octavia has the nerve to talk shit, she could expect to get hit. Bellamy shouldn't jump into everything, he should stop playing big brother" he said.

"I wish I had a big brother, someone to beat the shit out of Bellamy and not get in trouble for it" I snickered.

"No one really gets in trouble, they just get kind of glares from him. He's too much of a softie to do anything. But if he does something again, you tell me. I'll deal with him" Murphy said. I looked at him to see him looking at me. He gave me a small smile, and I grinned back.

"Thanks for sticking up to Octavia for me, cutie" he smiled, looking at my lips to my eyes. I was kind of speechless. Cutie?

"No problem" I said, trying to make it obvious I was blushing. Murphy reached his hand to my face and held it softly. He leaned in and looked me in the eyes, as if asking for approval. I leaned in to fill the space. We kissed, and he was... Perfect. My hands gripped his jacket holding him tight, and he had a hand on the ground for balance and one on my neck, pulling me even closer to him.

My lip doesn't even hurt, it feels good- oh wait- I've got blood on my lips. I don't want to gross Murphy out or anything. I pulled back, "Shit, sorry, I forgot I've got blood on me" I said. He looked at me and chuckled lightly, that adorable smirk taking over his face. "I don't give a damn" he said, putting a hand on my neck as he bit my bottom lip, then kissed me again.

He may be a little psycho, but he's my kind of psycho.