Oceans

Song: Oceans

By: Seafret

-----

"Aw, they're so cute together" I said as Murphy and I sat together, leaning our backs against the camp wall. The fire from the pit outlining our features. "Who? Clarke and Finn? Gross" he scoffed. "Ah, whatever Murphy" I chuckled. He shook his head and turned away from me. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked. "Not like you care, anyway" he said, standing up and storming off.

I got up and followed him into his tent. "Murphy, tell me what's wrong" I said. "You think Finn's cute, don't you?" he scowled. "... Well yeah. Cute with Clarke. He's not my type" I shrugged. "Everyone's your type" he said, sitting on his bed, head in hands. "What's your deal?" I asked. "You're so... Clickable! We can plug you in anywhere and you get along with everyone! Then there's me... Those people out there care about you. You mean something to them.. What do I mean to you?" he asked venomously.

"Murphy, people care-"

"-No, they hate me or I'm just an inconvenience to them. And you" he said. "Murphy, shut up. You're not an inconvenience to me. You're like, my best friend" I said. "Yeah... A friend. Save your words for someone who wants them" he spat. I was shocked. ".. Fine. Maybe I should" I said and went to leave. What's up his ass tonight? "Wait!" he said, grabbing my hand. He stood up quickly and I turned around and he kissed me. I kissed back, and it was amazing. His nose grazing my cheek and his soft lips on mine. I'd imagined kissing Murphy before... But this is a lot nicer. He's a great kisser. He moved his head up in a small nod, making the kiss deeper. He put a hand on my hip before pulling back.

"I only went off like that because... You've got so much. All I do is fuck up. You're perfect. And I like you, a lot" he said, looking at his hand still on my wrist. I moved my free hand to his chest. "Finally" I laughed, leaning into him. "Finally?" he asked, and he didn't move. I guess he wasn't used to this.. "Murphy?" I asked. He looked down at me. "You're probably the best thing in this world... Literately" I chuckled. He smirked and leaned down, kissing me again. It's an amazing feeling to put a smile on the boy who doesn't like anyone.