Falling in Love with my Best Friend part 22

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I said, feeling somewhat content.

This was life. It wasn't meant to be easy. I have to stop being soft, and relying on everyone and placing

my trust in them, because they all have different intentions.

I walked over to my couch, the blanket on the floor, and I curled up in a ball, feeling vulnerable.

I took a shaky breath, and that moment Hana walked in, her eyes filled with concern.

"Sweety are you okay?"

"Yes, why?"

"You're pale.."

"Sorry," I shrugged.

"Wanna go and get Chase a gift like you said yesterday?" she asked kindly, her eyes analytical.

"Yea let's go," I said, feeling somewhat excited that I can get him a gift.

"But first lemme take a shower," I Said, sniffing my hair.

We entered the mall, and I instantly went to Hallmark, picking up a card meant for best friends, and it had

two little puppies, one with a crown on her head, the other with a jester hat, as they snuggled close together. I walked around the rest of the store, picking up a huge teddy bear, because that's what Chase is to me. My Teddy bear. It was holding a heart saying, "Idiot had me scared there," and underneath it, "Feel better." I payed it all up, and felt excited, imagining his expression.

I walked into Macy's remembering that Chase needed some new clothes, since I'm always wearing them, and he just seems happy with the eight shirts he has.

I would die if I was in his position. I walked around, knowing he liked polo shirts. I picked colors I think

goes best for him. Blues, blacks, and navy blue. Maybe you didn't notice, but I really like how he looks when he has dark shirts. It goes nice with his skin. I got some jeans, he only has three. I realize whenever we go to the mall, it's always just me buying stuff. I had bought him so many things, I had three bags of clothes just for him.

I left the store, and walked into his favorite sport store. I barely go here, I don't even know half the things here. I saw these cleats that I knew that he was eyeing, and I got his shoe size and bought it for him,

along with some soccer shorts since I know his are worn out. I feel so happy buying him all this stuff, I went around seeing if I can buy him anything else. Eventually I met up with Hana, and her eyes widened as soon as she saw all my

bags for him.

"Jess," she groaned, "please tell me that wasn't with your money."

I stayed silent, and I heard her sigh deeply.

"How much?" she asked cautiously.

"You might not want to hear that," I said, grinning sheepishly.

She let out another groan, before leading me out to her car.

She dropped me off home, and followed me inside.

"Still think imma kill myself?" I asked, feeling the trust level.

"Jess, I don't want to think that, but I can't get over the fact that if I was a

SECOND, one second off, you would be gone. I mean, how can I cope with that?"

I looked at the floor, feeling quite immature.

"But again, i wanna see Chase's reaction," she said happily.