Falling in Love with my Best Friend part 22

SORRY FOR THE WAIT. who am I kidding ?

Practice your patience ;)

anywayssss... This story is pretty much at it's climax,

so you know... WE R ALMOST THEREEEE :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess POV

I woke up, sweat drenching my back, my heart thumping unevenly against

my chest. I took shaky breaths, trying to calm myself down.

"It's okay." I whispered to myself. "Everything is going to be okay," I reassured myself.

I was about to climb out the bed until the phone rang loudly. I jumped, shocked, and tumbled down the bed and landed on my face, my covers twisting around my body and tied around my leg.

I huffed my hair out of my eyes, and I steadied myself up, hopping to the phone, still tangled.

"Hello?" I spoke, breathless from the minute excersize. I needed to lay off of the ice cream.

"Is this Ms. Jess?" a gruff voice spoke from the other line.

I froze, scared, wondering who it was.

"Y-yes," I stuttered, scared if it was murderers still after me.

"Dont be alarmed this is the police," he said, pausing for my response.

I let out a sigh of relief, and I looked in the mirror. Dark bags, crazy wild eyes, flushed cheeks, and frizzy curls sticking up everywhere.

"ma'am?" the police said, snapping me out of my analysis.

"Yes sorry?"

"We wanted to ask you about the murder that was attempting to take place, to see if the information is a fit."

"Of course," I said, closing my eyes, pinching my nose bridge.

" I take it that your parents died?" he said bluntly.

I took a deep breath, squeezing my eyes tighter. I can't be in denial anymorez. They were dead. They weren't ever coming back. I needed to stop pretending my life is perfect, because it's shattered.

"Yes," I whispered, fighting the tears in my eyes.

"Do you know those two people?"

"No," I said, confused.

"They were working in your parents line of company."

"Oh."

"Yes, and since they were put in a high position, they were thinking that once the death occured they would take over the fine and wealthy establishment," he explained professionally.

"Ohh, but I inherit all the money coming from all of that don't I?" I questioned

"Yes, the income goes into your bank account, which your aunt has been sworn into responsibility for," he

explained.

"So those two were trying to kill me for the money?" i asked, disgusted people were that greedy.

"That isn't the point Jessica, the point is that they also killed your parents."

silence. Acceptance. I let it soak in, sadness filling me rather than anger.

"Thank you for the information," I said, feeling pathetic.

"They are locked in prison, and certainly to not be let out," he said kindly.