For you are the Fairy of Life and Death

*Naomi*
Ten years ago..

"Mom?" I asked in a soft tone, "Yes Naomi?" My mom smiled. "Why is Quarter island special?" I peered upward with innocent blue eyes.

"Our island is home to the great Juka Juka tree, it is said that if the Juka Juka tree bore fruit, it would be the two most powerful devil fruits of all." Mom lectures the me lovingly.

And one day it will...

*Naomi*
Present day...

My name is Naomi Tosie, it means honest, beautiful fairy. I live on Quarter island in the West Blue with my loving mom, and caring dad. I love my village and everyone in it, even the boys who pick on me because I know, deep down that they're hurt, so even if they don't have any friends, I will be there for them.

Today my dad is going to teach me about the herbs and their special properties because tomorrow I will set sail on the open sea as a doctor.

My dream is to help all the people of the world, and by becoming a doctor and sailing around the world, I can heal wounds to the body and the heart.

"Naomi you almost ready to go?" Dad called over to me. I grabbed my lavender medical bag and and headed for the front door of the house. "Yes Dad, I'm co-"

*CRASH* I stumble and fall over broom left on the floor. Dad rushes over to me.

"Are you alright Naomi?"

"Yes I'm fine." I brush off my long apricot dress and lean the broom against the wall.

"Naomi, while we're gathering herbs would you like to see the Juka Juka tree?"

See the Juka Juka tree! Its been 6 years since I last saw the sacred tree! "Sounds great!" I smile with anticipation.

Dad and I gathered herbs in the forest until the golden sun started to sink in the clear sky. "I think its time for our last stop." Dad said.

We headed towards the dirt trail leading to the Juka Juka tree. We kept walking until we reached a clearing with a purple and black crystal spruce tree that reached the sky.

"Woah..." I exclaimed in awe as I took a deep breath. The Juka Juka tree is like a tower that connects heaven to earth. The leaves hung down like tiny purple diamonds, and the bark was as black as coal but as shiny as a star. Beautiful.

"The Juka Juka tree hasn't bore any fruit in the history of One Piece. It is said that this tree is the body of the creator of One Piece, when the next true owner shows their face to the sacred tree, the tree will bare two fruits, one of light, and one of darkness." My dad explained.

Why are there many cuts and slices on the sacred tree? A tear dripped down my face.

"Naomi, why are you crying?" Dad questioned worriedly."The tree, people have hurt it. Can we heal the tree?" I dislike when there's a problem I can't do anything about... But this is terrible, who would do this to a sacred tree?

Dad sighs and starts to explain again." many pirates tried to take away..." His voice suddenly got quieter and quieter until it was completely gone.

All around me is ominous black darkness. "Dad?" I take a small step forwards. What happened to him? I hope he's not hurt.

"Child, you are pure. Even when you are lost in the dark you think about other's welfare." I kind voice asserted.

I wonder who that is? I looked up and saw an angel descending towards me, shinning the light of day in this black world. A spotless white robe flowed on him loosely, and angelic, white feathered wings swayed peacefully.

"I'm Naomi, what might you name be?" I gestured kindly.

"It looks like I have made the right decision." Two purple cherries with swirl patterns formed in his hand from a lump of purple. "Pick one, but only one." The angel instructed.

"What about you? Aren't you having some, I can't possible choose first " I argued.

"No this is a gift, eat one." The angel held out the cherries.

A gift for what? Well anyways, I might as well accept. "Thank you." I grabbed and pull off the cherry on the left and ate it. Though it felt like I was about to throw up I finished it anyways to be polite.

The angel looked surprised, "You have chosen giving life, over giving death, eat the other one, please."

I took and ate the other one... This one tasted gross too.

"Naomi Tosei," the angel announced "You ate both devil fruits without dying. You cried for me. Take you powers to create a happy and peaceful world once again. For you are the Fairy of Life and Death."

**********

Hey guys this is my very first fan fiction, I hope you will like it. If you like anything to be changed or added please let me know.

So what do you think she will gain from eating those two fruits?

What does Naomi look like?

Is her personality boring?
Cuz I promise you there will be lots'o action and badass coming soon.

Where do you think she will travel to when she leaves Quarter island tomorrow?

And yes, she will become a pirate.

Comment
Like
Share