Chapter 8: The Storm That Sweeps Us Apart

Dianna pouts at Jana for the nth time since the latter told her she's going to Thailand to supervise a movie produced by her family. Dianna doesn't want Jana to go, think about how lonely she'll get and how far away her wife would be. They've never been away since they got married but sometimes they had to.

"I'll be back before you know it" Jana says as they stop at the gate for her flight.

"I know, it's just...I'm going to miss you" Dianna admits looking up at Jana through her eyelashes. "We're going to miss you" she says indicating to her protruding stomach.

"I'm going to miss you too, both of you. But I'll only be away for like 3 months" Jana tells her kissing Dianna on the forehead before leaning down and placing a kiss on the blonde's stomach. "Be good to your mommy alright?" she whispers and hears her pilot calling her name.

"Miss, we're ready to go" the pilot says and Jana nods her acknowledgement.

"We'll I guess I have to go" Jana says slinging her bag on her shoulder. "I love you" she whispers looking into hazel greens shining with unshed tears.

"Be careful. I love you too" Dianna says leaning up and kissing Jana sweetly before the two of them hug. Dianna watches as Jana disappears into the jet, she feels the comforting hand on her shoulder and knows it's Emily's.

"Hey don't worry. Jana will be back soon. Three months isn't long." Emily says hugging her from behind in a comforting manner.

"I know Em. We haven't been away from each other since we got married. The longest we've been away is a week" Dianna sighs as they watch the jet run down the pathway before taking off.

Being away is the worst feeling Jana ever felt. She's only been staying in Thailand for a week, she already wants to go home and wrap her arms around her beautiful wife. Sighing Jana looks at the movie set as the lead actors do one of the scenes. She checks her watch and sighs again as she sees it was still early for the day to be wrapped up. She almost lets out a groan when the leads mess up some of the lines and they go at it again.

"Maybe we should take a break" Jana suggests to the director.

"Okay. Ahhh, take five guys" the director says and the actors walk out of the set to their chairs. Evan Steins, the leading actor, walks up to Jana with a smile.

"Tough day huh?" he says standing beside Jana who smiles politely at him. "Hey, I was hoping you'd have lunch with me. I've been kinda wanting to get to know you better" he adds giving Jana a charming smile. Jana has to admit Evan is one of the most handsome guy she's ever seen but he also brought with him the unmistakeable guy atmosphere, one that she knows and never liked.

"That's sweet of you but I'm taken. See the ring?" Jana points to the gold band on her left. Evan seems unfaze by it.

"It's just lunch Jana" he insists but Jana sees right through it.

"Look I know your motives. You wanna have lunch then we all know where that'll go. After lunch you'd like to have dinner and so on" Jana states holding back her sigh.

"Impressive. You're making me like you more" Evan leans forward only to be grab by the collar by a very pissed off Jana.

"Listen here. You might have success over a few women in your past but not with me. I know how you guys think. Get this through your thick skull. I AM FREAKIN' MARRIED AND HAPPY WITH MY PARTNER" Jana hisses and glares at the actor who was taken by surprised. "Now do this scene right so I can go home early and call my wife. Got it?" she adds and the man just nods in fear. Jana releases him letting him walk back to the set before breathing out deeply.

"You scared the shit out of him" Jake states standing besides Jana. This was the only up thing of this trip, at least her best friend was with her.

"He was pissing me off" Jana states still irritated. She hears Jake let out a low whistle and light laugh.

"If this is what being away for a week from Dianna does to you, I can't imagine how irritable you'd become for the rest of this trip" Jake tells his best friend who glares at him. "Are you PMS'ing?"

"No. I'm just pissed and you're not making it any better"

"Chill J. You'd get back to Dianna in no time" he pats Jana's shoulder.

"I'd love to get back to her tonight" Jana grumbles walking to the director.

Dianna keeps her mind off of Jana as she goes by her day trying not to miss her loving wife. She's thankful for Emily, the older woman became her second mother since they've met. So as the days pass by, Dianna distracts herself with work but not too much and taking care of her body. She's coping up well until a month has passed and she couldn't help but be depressed with her wife's absence. She was coping with it I mean it's not like they wouldn't see each other after three months but when you're pregnant and emotionally unstable it was hard not to like the company of someone else other than your wife's.

"Here you go. Is there anything else you'd want me to get you?" Alex asks and Dianna shakes her head no letting Alex sit next to her. It has been a month by now since Alex came to Dianna's life helping her with things. She knows she shouldn't let anything get out of control but it was hard when your hormones act up. 

Before long Alex became a constant figure in her life, she should really tell him that they're just friends and she loves Jana but why can't she? Every time she looks at Alex she loses the nerve. Maybe it was because she's scared of being alone seeing as Emily has gone to a conference in Europe, or the feeling of emptiness caused by Jana's absence. Either way it should be easy for her to tell Alex, the man who's been there since then, that she'll be okay on her own and that he should go find someone else. Making her decision in her mind, she looks at Alex only to be lost in those blue eyes and everything comes crashing down at that moment. Her lips meet his when the front door opens and a stunned Jana feels her world spin out of its axis and her heart breaking at the sight on her couch. Dianna was making out with some guy. Her grip on her bags lose strength and the thudding sound the bags made as they hit the hardwood floor stops the make out session. Dianna looks horrified at the figure in the doorway. Realizing what had just happened, pushing Alex away and standing up she sees the hurt and pain in Jana's brown eyes. Said eyes have become a dull color, drained from their lightness, from their warmth. They now hold nothing but coldness and pain.

"Jana" Dianna starts but Jana cuts her off.

"Wow, if I'd known you were coping very well without me I could've stayed in Thailand for the rest of my contract but no. I decided to come home to spend my time with my wife who so happens to have found someone new" Dianna flinches at the coldness of Jana's tone, one she never heard before.

"This isn't what it looks like. Please let me explain" Dianna crosses the room to take hold of Jana's hand but the woman steps back, putting distance between them. Dianna's hurt with this but she knew it was her own fault.

"There's no need to explain Dianna. I saw what I needed to see" Jana says emotionless. She was hurt but raising her voice won't do any good.

"Look Jana it's my fault. I made the move. Dianna has nothing to do with this" Alex says beside Dianna only to be glared by Jana, he even flinches as he sees the fire of hatred and pure anger swirling in the now dark brown eyes of the woman.

"You" Jana sneers. "Get the FUCK out of my house or so help me god I'm going to kill you" she adds unable to mask her anger as Alex scurries out of the house never looking back knowing Jana's glare was still on him. Dianna steps back, taken aback by Jana's behaviour now witnessing the woman's anger for the first time. When Jana looks back at her, her eyes that held anger and hatred turns to pain before she picks up her bags on the floor.

"I think it's better for us to be away from each other and sort this whole thing up" Jana only says turning away, Dianna wants to stop her but the hurt she sees and the pain she had caused rendered her paralyzed in her spot as she watches Jana walk back to her car not glancing back before said car drives off to somewhere. Dianna breaks down, falling to the floor at the pain clenching her heart. She might have made the mistake of hurting the one she truly loves and this might be the end of everything for them.

A/N: I'm so sorry if this chapter sucks. I just wrote down what I feel. Feel free to tell me your thoughts on this one though.