Chapter 6: Troublemakers 2

Dianna hears the knocking on their front door rousing her up from her peaceful sleep, she looks down on her sleeping (very naked) wife before getting up the bed and grabbing her robe walks out of the room. Wondering who it could be this early in the morning, Dianna opens the door to see Chloe on the other side smiling tentatively at her.

"Hi Dianna" Chloe greets still unsure if she should even be here let alone talk to Dianna. Dianna's surprise subsides as she greets the woman back.

"I'm surprise to see you here Chloe" Dianna tells her honestly. "Jana's still asleep but if you want I can wake her up for you" she adds.

"No it's alright. I actually came here to talk to you" Chloe pauses. "About what happened yesterday in Jana's office" she finishes and sees the slight anger in those hazel orbs.

"I saw what happened Chloe. You don't have to explain anything to me" Dianna keeps her voice in a neutral level. Chloe shakes her head asking her to hear her out when Dianna nods she starts to explain.

"Dianna, I shouldn't have kissed Jana. It was impulse and I'm sorry. I've been in love with Jana since we first met and when I found out that she got married to you I was devastated but that's not an excuse for the thing that I did yesterday. I just thought that maybe if I kiss her I'd finally be able to let go and move on with my life. I didn't mean to cause you two any problems at all. I really am sorry Dianna" Chloe finishes locking her eyes with Dianna's letting the woman see her sincerity. "I guess I should go now. I understand if it's hard for you to forgive me" she turns on her heels expecting Dianna to just let her walk away when the woman's voice stops her.

"I know the feeling" Dianna says stepping into the porch. When Chloe looks back at her with a questioning glance she continues "I tried moving on from Jana when we got divorced but she got a pretty good hold on me. I can't shake her off even if I wanted to" Dianna smiles at Chloe who sighs in relief.

"Does that mean I'm forgiven?" Chloe asks softly.

"I'm still a little angry but  don't hold grudges" Dianna tells her. Chloe nods in acknowledgement thanking her.

"She really loves you Di. I'm happy she found someone who makes her smile and happy all the time. I've never seen her this way since Liz died" Chloe says at Dianna making the woman curios. Chloe walks towards her taking hold of her hands while looking her dead in the eyes. "Thank you" is all she says.

"For what?" Dianna inquires.

"For taking care of her. For finding her. Most of all for loving her unconditionally" Chloe explains smiling gratefully at Dianna who smiles back at her. "Well then now that my deed's been settled, I should get going" Chloe says releasing Dianna's hand and starts walking backwards to her car.

"Chloe wait" Dianna yells as she gets near her car and sees the blonde running towards her. "I haven't told Jana this yet but would you be the godmother of our child?"

"I would love to. O my god! Congratulations!" Chloe hugs her as Dianna smiles brightly.

"Please don't tell Jana. I wanna surprise her" the blonde states getting a head nod and promise from Chloe before they say their goodbyes and Dianna watches Chloe drive off before walking back to the house to see her wife standing on the door with two cups of coffee in her hands.

"How long have you been up sleepyhead?" she asks taking one of the cups from Jana who shrugs.

"I was up when you left my side. I was feeling cold so I wondered what took the source of my warmth away" Jana answers getting an eye roll from Dianna. "I see you and Chloe are in good terms now" she adds as they walk to their living room taking a seat on the couch.