Chapter 7: Make You Smile

Dianna wakes up to the cold sheets her wife was suppose to occupy. Willing her eyes to open, she sits up to find Jana's side of the bed made up.  She finds a note on the pillow rubbing her eyes off sleep. She looks at the clock to see it reads 5:30, Jana NEVER wakes up this early.

Went out for a run. You can go back to sleep, be back around 6 –J. The note simply says. Dianna puts it back on the pillow and lies back down falling asleep almost instantly.

Jana runs around the park with her iPod on maximum volume when Jake joins her with a huge smile on his face. They jog in silence knowing Jana enjoys her morning run in peace. They stop jogging when the clock hits 6 and sit on a bench.

"So I heard from a little birdie you had a bump along the road" Jake states as soon as Jana takes out her earphones and turns off her iPod.

"By that you mean Emily or Jill right?" Jana states. "Two bumps actually. One of Dianna's co-workers happened to like her and asked her to run away with him even after knowing Dianna's carrying our baby" Jana states leaning back on the bench enjoying the rising sun.

"I did not know that" Jake states leaning back as well. "So what did you do to the poor guy? Knowing you, you'd probably destroyed him" he adds eyeing his best friend.

"I was going to destroy him but Dianna won't let me" Jana sighs making Jake chuckle.

"You are whipped!" he teases expecting to get a hard smack from the woman but he receives a chuckle instead.

"I guess" Jana says simply looking up at the sky. "Hey Jake"

"Yup?"

"How does it feel to be a parent?" she asks getting a small smile from Jake.

"Well, first you're nervous and excited especially when you find out your wife's pregnant with your first child. The first trimester is the hardest; it's the time where they crave so much you have to wake up early just to get what they want. Oh and the mood swings, it tears you down" Jake tells Jana who listens intently. "But when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time, everything you did during the pregnancy is all worth it. You see them smile at you and you think that maybe they can see you" Jake finishes looking at Jana.

"Thanks Jake" Jana says sincerely. Jake pats her knee and the two of them stay in the park before saying goodbye.

Jana comes home to see Dianna was still peacefully sleeping. She looks at the clock and puts her plan into action. Leaving the room quietly she calls her sister.

"Is the world ending? You're up early?" Jillian says on the other end of the phone.

"Ha-ha. Very funny Jill" Jana replies rolling her eyes. "I have a favour to ask you"

"Ahh, so that's why you called so early"

"It's not that early" Jana reasons.

"It is for you" Jill points out enjoying their conversation. "So, what's your favour?"

"Right. Can I take an absent today? I know I have this meeting with some big shots but I really need to take the day off"

"Unless you give me a very valid reason for this absence" Ahh Jill the ever manager, Jana thinks.

"It's Dianna birthday and I want to spend time with her" Jana states knowing the teasing will be all worth it.

"Dianna really got you all romantic J" and the teasing begins. "Alright. I'll reschedule your meeting for tomorrow. Is that all?"

"Thanks Jill. One more thing" Jana tells her about the plan which Jill agrees to instantly and teasing her with it. When everything's set, Jana walks back to their room in time to see Dianna waking up from her sleep. "Good morning gorgeous. Did you have an amazing sleep?" Jana greets leaning down to kiss her when Dianna pus her hands up.