Undeniable spark

He was standing in the shadows of a tree not far away from me.

It really surprised me that I hadn't noticed him before, I was certain that I was alone when I first went out here.

I looked at him in slight confusion as I tried to gather my thoughts from the previous stream of memories.

He was leaning against the tree, mashing the leaves with his weight before he finally pushed away and started moving towards me.

As he got closer to me, a strong scent of alcohol hit me.

Was he drunk?

It was when he was standing right before me, I noticed the clear signs of intoxication.

His eyes were dull and had turned into a color of dark gray that made them appear black.

His movements were graceful and gentle as always, yet clumsy and his voice had turned raspy from the strong effect of the liquor.

He leaned in slightly and whispered in my ear the previously unanswered question.

"What, are you doing out here?"

For some reason, I felt myself suddenly come to a loss for words.

I just stared out into the darkness behind him while I mumbled small parts of different excuses, by this managing to make the quite inappropriate situation even more awkward.

"I, umm... I just... I-I didn't mean to..." was all I managed to get out.

Finally, I felt him pull away from me, making it easier for me to feel at ease.

I shivered as he stepped back, now realizing how close he had actually been to me.

The heat from his body had kept the cool air from reaching the bare skin on my arms and kept me warm.

I felt his gaze on me as I turned my face to the ground while I hugged myself in an attempt to keep myself warm, which I soon realized was quite hopeless.

"Does the miss not find the party entertaining?"

His voice was rather cold, yet I spotted slight amusement in his words.

"I... No that's not it... I just felt like I could use some air since it got quite warm with all the people gathered in one place..."

Lies.

I feel like he didn't believe my words more than I did myself.

His response made it pretty clear, although he almost managed to hide his amusement.

Or was it anger?

"Why am I not surprised?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well, considering how much time you've spent in your room, you don't strike me as the socializing type"

"I can be... When I want to" I argued vaguely

"Can't we all?" he scoffed.

"I suppose so..."

I suddenly felt his hand on my arm, which caused me to jump and quickly turn my eyes to his in surprise.

I suppose he sensed my discomfort and left for my sake but when I felt his hand move away, my heart started pounding and my thoughts went wild.

I didn't want him to go away, I wanted him to pull me close and keep me warm.