Chapter Twenty

Poison Oak and Stinging Nettle are prominent in the forest we are walking through. Trying to dodge the painful plants makes this forest a lot more tedious to walk through, especially since Elliot is always wanting to touch the plants, and Olive and Grace insist on doing everything the small boy does.

"Olive, if you touch that plant, you'll get owies," I say for the fourth time in the last ten minutes. I am tempted to pick up the stubborn girls and carry them in the cloth baby carrier that Luna had given me. The only problem with that is my belly. It is hard for me to carry anything lately. Any extra weight makes me even more exhausted than I already am, but I know we need the supplies I am carrying.

"Owie!" I hear Olive cry. Rolling my eyes in exasperation, I turn to see her holding her small hand and standing next to the three-foot-tall Stinging Nettle plant. It is kind of frightening how much taller the plant is than my sister. Its bright green color and intimidating height makes it very interesting for a one-and-a-half-year-old.

"Olive, what did I tell you?" I say, somehow managing to crouch down beside her despite my belly. Gently, I grab her hand and deftly pull out the little sliver of the plant that had gotten stuck in her palm, instantly relieving most of the pain.

"Kisses?" she questions, holding her hand up to my mouth. Her big blue eyes meet my own, and my irritation melts away. I press a soft kiss to her owie and attempt to stand up.

"I love you, baby, but I would like to be able to stand up on my own," I say to my stomach.

Giving into the reality of not being able to stand on my own, I sit back down on the ground and look up to see one of my mates smiling down at me.

"Need some help?" Erik questions, holding out both of his hands for me to grab onto. Not saying anything, I cling to his hands and allow him to pull me up.

"Thanks," I say once I am finally standing.

"No problem," my mate tells me, leaning in to give me a kiss. His lips are soft when they press gently against my own. A smile is stretched across Erik's face, and I know that I am wearing a matching one.

"Hey, I want kisses!" Ethan says from about ten feet in front of us. Everyone laughs at the over exaggerated pout on his face, and I grab Olive's unharmed hand before making my way over to him. Stepping on my toes, I give him a kiss as well, humming in satisfaction from the affection from my mates.

"Okay, okay," Taylor says from behind us. "Enough with all the lovey dovey stuff."

Walking over to him, I give him a kiss on the cheek, laughing at his mock look of disgust.

"Tate, I has itchies," a small voice says. Turning around, I see Tatum kneeling next to Elliot, examining the bright red blotches spreading across his skin.

"Elliot, what did I tell you about touching those plants?" he questions, being careful not to touch the rash. That stuff is highly contagious, just by touching the rash, you could contract one of your own.

"You say 'no touch,'" the little boy says, scratching at his arms. "But, it so pwetty."

Tatum just shakes his head in exasperation, causing his dark brown curls to bounce, before turning to look at us over his shoulder.

"Can we stop somewhere soon? I would like to get some type of treatment on this before it spreads even more," the beta says.

Taylor walks over to him, reaching out his arm to help Tatum up. "It would probably be a good idea. It looks like the sun is getting close to setting."

"Sounds good to me," Ethan says, scratching at the back of his hands.

"It looks like you brushed up against some poison oak, too," I say, gesturing at his hands.