Chapter Six

It has been a week since the mating ceremony and, surprisingly, nothing too dramatic has happened. After my father had threatened me and was kicked off the compound, Erik and Ethan have been very overprotective, never wanting to leave my side. Even though they are my mates, I do not like their hovering. Somehow, I convinced them to return to their assigned job of building the fence. It is almost done, only a mile-long section is left, considerably shorter than the forty-mile perimeter they had started with.

Luna had assigned me the task of setting up our new home. It is a quaint, three bedrooms and two bath house. The olive paint on the outside helps to camouflage the house with its surroundings. My love for it is insurmountable. I finally have a place I can call home, and I am able to share it with my mates and my sisters.

"Liam?" I am snapped out of my thoughts by Luna. She is standing in the doorway of my sisters' bedroom, where I have been for the past few hours organizing their stuff.

"Hmm?" I hum in response, folding my sisters' clothes and placing them in their white dressers.

"I have the master bedroom all fixed up. I made sure all of your clothes were clean and hung them in the closet, and the solar panels and water are working correctly," she says, walking over and helping me sort through my sisters' stuff.

"Thank you, Luna. I really appreciate you helping me set up the house."

"You know I have no problem helping you," she says, giving me a side hug. "Why don't you go take a quick inventory of all your supplies. I will finish up in here."

I nod my head and make my way to the garage, where all of our extra stuff is stored. Pulling the string connected to the light bulb hanging in the center of the garage, I illuminate the room. The shelves of supplies we were given are lined up along the far wall, where we had decided was the best place for them to be.

Going through everything, I notice a shortage of baby supplies. There is only one package of diapers left, and there are no more clothes for my sisters, nothing for when they grow out of their current sizes. Worried, I make my way inside, looking for Luna. I find her in the kitchen; she must have finished with my sisters' room.

"Luna, there's a problem," I say, joining her by the stove. She is stirring something in a pot, humming to herself while doing so. Taking a quick sniff of the air, I deduct she is making spaghetti.

"What is it, Liam?" she asks, giving me a quick glance over her shoulder before returning her gaze to the stove.

"We are running short on baby supplies. There are barely any diapers left, and there are no new clothes for when my sisters grow out of their current ones. I think I will have to make a run into town to pick up some new supplies."

"No, Liam," she says, shaking her head. Leaning against the counter, I look over at her and notice the worried expression on her face. "It's too dangerous, you'll get hurt. Just tell the twins and they can make the run into town with the next scouting trip. They have already gone on one before and know how they work."

"I can't let them do that! They are my sisters and I have been taking care of them ever since they were born. I won't let my mates risk their lives in order to get supplies for my family," I say, hands on my hips.

"You know they won't see it that way. They both love Olive and Grace and see them as their own little sisters. Let them do this for you. You guys are a new family now, and they are better trained to leave the compound."

"No. I am going to do it. They can't stop me," I say.

She raises an eyebrow at me, probably questioning why I am throwing a tantrum like a three-year old. "Fine, you go and explain to your mates how you plan on leaving pack lands, by yourself, just to preserve your pride."