Chapter 16

Sorry this took so long! It was exams week at school so studying took a lot of time!

{Writer's POV}
Present

"You foolish girl! Do you think your relationship will last? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. He will leave you, leave you and never come back. Just like the other did"
The voice inside Emma's head says.

Why does she have the feeling that it will be true?Why does she feel that she'll lose him?

Maybe because it's true.
Or maybe because it's her head playing games on her.

She knows Killian would never abandon her. But why the need to bring him in her head. And by 'him' I don't mean Killian. By 'him' I mean Neal.

Emma's ex. Emma's first actual love. She thought they would get married since that was the purpose of their meeting. The need to find someone to marry. She thought she'd never get to love him. Not even like him. But to for her luck, she fell for him. Fell hard for him. And she knew he loved her too.

Or so she thought...

{Emma's POV}
Throwback
2 years ago

I woke up slowly, trying to take in the events that will happen during the day.

It's my 16th birthday. I'll have a ball. My best friend Ruby will be here, like everyday. Oh! And I'll meet my future husband. Neal.

Neal? His name doesn't even  sound interesting!

I bet he is one of those guys who think that they have the world in their hands because they're princes.

I don't want to meet him. I know the purpose. I know I'll meet him so I marry him on my 18th birthday.

And I don't want to.
I don't want to get married, I don't want to be queen, I don't want to rule a kingdom, I don't want to be a princess!

I want to have a normal life! Go out with my friends everyday, I want to be able to go out alone without some guards following me for 'safety'. I want to be happy.

But that can't happen. It can't and it won't. Because this is the way I was born. I was born to be a princess, to marry a noting and arrogant prince and to rule a kingdom. Nothing else.

---
"Ladies and gentlemen, Princess Emma from Misthaven" I hear someone announce, making it my queue to walk down the long stairs that lead to the principal room in the castle, where all the guests were.

As I am walking down the stairs everyone smiles at me and some clap. I smile too and finally reach the last stair.

Next was the dance, once it is all over I go to my favorite place in all the palace.
The gardens.

Beautiful flowers of all colors were there, lights everywhere and the comforting sound of fountains.
Nothing could be more relaxing than that.

I sit down on my favorite bench, just in front of the biggest fountain in the garden and close my eyes.
My mind is complete blank, no marriage, no princes, no crowns, no anything in it, until someone decides to tap my shoulder and makes me open my eyes.

I sigh and look at who was in front of me, waiting for an explanation as in why they just did that. Everyone knows they should never distract me when I'm in the garden.

"Good evening, Princess Emma" says some guy who is about 21 years old, brown hair and brown eyes, and tall.

I just nod and fake a smile. He then takes the liberty of sitting next to me.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" He asks.

"You're.. No, I don't know" I say, it probably came out more rudely than I expect but well, what can I do?

"I'm Prince Neal, you're future husband. We were supposed to meet in a few hours, but honestly I couldn't wait" he says, finally making me smile a little.

{Writer's POV}
Present day

After all that meeting, Neal and Emma grew close each day and they started dating.
What Emma didn't know is that Neal planned on stealing all she had, kill her after the wedding and take the kingdom. He was no actual Prince, but he was the Dark One's son so he could pretty much do anything he pleased.

The good thing is that Emma saw a letter he was about to send to his dad, she didn't like reading things that are non of her business, but the letter was just pretty much screaming in her face for her to read it.

He got locked right away and Emma never knew anything else about him.

And she's glad for it.

---
Ruby is leaving today and that makes Emma really sad, and Whale is leaving too, Emma and him had become good friends and him and Ruby a really cute couple.

The good thing for them is that they live in the same village so they can still see each other.

They are all at the docks to say their goodbyes.

"Bye Emma! I really hope to see you soon! I will miss my best friend so much!" Ruby exclaims and wraps her arms around Emma.
Emma does the same.

"So will I Ruby!" She says, tears inevitably and involuntarily running down her cheeks.

Ruby is in tears too.

Killian and Whale hug each other too and pat each other's back, on of those guys hugs no one actually understands.

Once they are all finished with their goodbyes, Ruby and Whale are gone and Killian is facing Emma, he takes her hand in his right before embracing her tightly and comfortingly.

He doesn't like to see Emma cry, it makes him feel sad too.

Emma slowly wraps her arms around him too, her face on the crock of his neck.

Once Killian's soft and comforting words help her feel better she places a kiss on his cheek and takes his left hand in her left hand, and her right hand resting on his chest, she moves to his right side and rests her head on his shoulder as he wrapped is right arm and hand around her waist, pulling her close.

He places a kiss on the top of her head and she smiles.

It is the perfect scenario.

The sunset, Emma and Killian this close , the docks, it is beautiful.

Emma knew in that moment that nothing could do them apart. And so did Killian.

-----------------
Again, sorry this took so long!