Chapter 13

{Writer's POV}

Through the dinner Emma was wondering what could possibly be wrong with Killian.
He was one when he got here! What is going on? Emma thought.
She needed answers but this wasn't the most appropriate moment to ask that.

The dinner had gone perfectly fine. Killian seemed to fit in well, and Snow totally loved him.

Emma knows that David liked Killian too and she thinks that he just doesn't want to admit it.

And as for Liam, he is a great friend of the royal family. Someone King David and Queen Snow can trust and a close friend for Emma.

After the dinner everyone proceeds to go to the royal gardens.

Except for David and Killian...

Where are they?! Is the question that is going through Emma's mind as everyone was at the garden except for her boyfriend and her dad.

✧ ✧ ✧
"Killian, I need to talk to you, I hope that doesn't bother you" David says after he quietly pulled Killian aside just after the diner.

"No, of course not. And what is it that you want to talk about, your highness?" Killian politely asks.

"Well, first you can stop calling me that, David is okay, you're my daughter's boyfriend after all. I want to talk to you about Emma"

Just as I thought  , thinks Killian bare giving the king a nod.

"Well, I think you already know ho much I love my daughter" David says and Killian nods again.

"Of course I do"

"Good. You need to know that if any harms come to her from your part, don't doubt that the same harm will go to you. Emma is the best thing that  has happened to me, just like her mother. And I think you should already know, because she is your girlfriend, that she is the most appreciated person to me, and she should be yours' too" David explains, starting his overprotective dad speech, which Killian understands. 

"Yes she is , David. She is the best thing that has happened to me. And I know why you're telling me all of this, you want no harm to come to her, you want her to be safe and happy with someone who loves her. And I also know she is your little girl, and I respect that, I know how much you love Emma, and her love for you will never change. You are her hero, just like her mother, I know this because she told me" Killian says, truthfully.

"I hope what you're saying it's true, and that you will protect my daughter. Because if you don't I will ruin you, Killian" The King threatens.

"I assure you, there won't be any need of ruining me, David, because I promise you I will always try my best to keep Emma safe, happy and loved" Killian promises with a nod and a smile, but you can see how serious he is about this in his eyes.

David notices this and nods before patting Killian's back. "I'm glad, and I hope you keep that promise"

"I intend on doing so"

"Well, we better gent going to the garden before someone starts worrying" David said, Killian knows this 'someone' is Emma.

Killian nods and both of them smile before heading to the Royal garden.

"Killian! Dad! Where were you? You got me worried! Are you okay? Is everything alright?" Emma throws a bunch of questions making both of them chuckle.

"I assure you, Swan, everything is okay" Killian smiles.

"Killian is right, Emma, everything is fine.. Well, I'll leave you two alone" David says before excusing himself from the couple and to her beloved wife and Liam.

"Killian, are you sure everything was okay back there? What did my dad tell you?" Emma asks, worry evident in her tone, making Killian smile at her worry.

He holds both of her hands in his' and nod.
"My love, everything was just fine, you don't need to worry about everything" Killian assures and Emma reluctantly nods.

"Okay" Emma says and Killian kisses her cheek before they both start walking, his right hand holding her left hand as they walk.

They talked and walked for a while, that's until they got tired of walking so they say down. And then something came to Killian's mind.

What if I need to leave. Emma needs to know what will happen between us...

---
Cliffhanger!
I guess😂
Sorry this took so long, I was actually writing it in a laptop and I had about 970 words and I don't know how but it got deleted... So I had to type it again and it isn't as good this time😪