staccato

namjoon turned away from my blank stare with a sigh. "never mind." his gaze went straight to the concrete.

"you mean.. like us? a thing?" i asked, stupidly.

"yeah, that's what i meant. but it was a dumb idea, just forget it," he muttered, avoiding eye contact.

"no.. no i want to try it." i took his hand, giving it a squeeze. "i want to try us." he looked up.

"really?" an eyebrow raised. "you better not just be saying this out of pity, misty, i swear-"

"no! really, i want to give us a shot. really." i smiled up at him, and he returned it.

it wasn't until now that i realized how much i adored namjoon. his smile, his adorable clumsiness, his unbelievable ability to break things. his talent, his laugh, his voice. i really adored him.

realizing that ariel and hoseok were way ahead of us, we sprinted to catch up, hand in hand.

"you ran like, 50 feet, why so winded?" hoseok commented, noticing our panting.

"we're string players, not athletes," i gasped, holding onto namjoon for support. hoseok just laughed, and i noticed ariel looking at him with complete admiration.

"babe, are you hungry?" hoseok asked ariel. she shrugged. "i'm starving, so let's get something to eat."

we walked to the nearest place that sold food, and entered. "should we call this our first date?" namjoon wondered, and i shrugged.

"sure, if you want to." i smiled, and he did too.

ariel and hoseok shared their plate, and so did we (just to cut back on money). we talked lightly around the table, and i played with namjoon's hand.

"i called it!" ariel exclaimed, causing me to look up, confused. "you two! i knew it would happen!" her smile was wide, and she winked at me.

"well actually i still have to ask her to be mu girlfriend and this only our first date and-" namjoon rambled, but ariel cut him off.

"why don't you just ask her now? you already know like everything about each other and you can just count the times you've hung out without me as dates." namjoon looked up slightly, contemplating it.

"lee misty, will you be my girlfriend?" namjoon asked, turning towards me. i sighed.

"i don't know, i'm really gonna need some time to think about this, namjoon.." i said, looking away from the group.

"are you fucking serious?" he asked incredulously, anger very prominent in his voice. i just laughed, and shook my head.

"no, you idiot, i'm joking. for having a 149 iq, you can't spot sarcasm very well," i stated.

"i'm smart," he frowned, and i smiled, leaning my head on his shoulder. "first day as my girlfriend and your already insulting me?"

"of course."

::

GUYS I MIGHT JUST END THIS STORY RIGHT HERE AND ADD AN EPILOGUE
WHAT DO U THINK
-hannah