48

I woke up to find myself tightly in Wolf's arms. He was shirtless and sound asleep. The lights were off and I was on top of him as we laid on the couch.

"Jodie?" I heard someone whisper. I looked up at Wolf and he was asleep. "Down here." I looked on the floor to find Razor sitting with his legs crossed, looking at me.

He's a murder.

"Hi," I whispered.
"I didn't kill him, Jodie."

I sighed in relief.

"Thank God," I whispered.
"I was about to... But then I heard you scream. I didn't wanna scare you."
"So Royce is alive?"
"Yeah.." He replied, "And Wolf knows he's alive."

I looked at Wolf and he was still asleep.
"Razor," I asked, "Can you take me home?"

He nodded and stood up. I followed him out of the basement as I looked back at Wolf sleeping peacefully.

-

I put leftover spaghetti in the microwave for Razor. I had made him come inside because it started to rain heavily. He sat at the counter, but wanted me to keep all of the lights off.

"Razor," I whispered as I walked up to him in the dark kitchen. He was sitting on a stool, rubbing his hands together.
"Yes?"

"Where's Royce?"
He sighed, "That's the problem."
"Why?"
"I'm not supposed to tell you information regarding any of the gang's business or-"

"Razor!"
"Yes?"
"... Please?"

He sighed, "I got some information out of Royce... I found out that he's been talking with our rivals."
"WHAT!?"
"Shhh!" Razor put his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him, "Don't worry about it."

My heart started to pound.. Three rival gang members have already tried to kill me. How could he join them? Why would he join them?

"Razor.. I'm s-scared."
"You shouldn't be. You know I'm always there."
"But he could hurt me-"
"He can't. I'm always gonna be there to protect you... Like I have been."

He looked into my eyes.. But I saw something different in his.
It was.. Love.

Suddenly he pressed his warm lips into mine. I gasped as he caressed my head, deepening the kiss.

BEEP
BEEP
BEEP

The microwave went off, startling both of us.
He broke away from me, "I'm sorry."

"No." I nervously walked over to the microwave to get the spaghetti, "It's okay."

"Please dont-"
"I won't tell Wolf." I confirmed.

I know Wolf would kill him..
Then probably me too.

I still couldn't bring myself to face him, though it was dark anyways. I pulled the bowl out of the microwave as I listened to the rain dance on the windows.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked.

"I said that I was sorry."
"I just wanna know why." I brought the bowl over to him.

"You heard my life story," He said, "You're the only girl I've ever known. My job is litterally only to protect you... I can't stop myself from having feelings for you."
"You have feelings for me?"
He sighed, "I guess I do."

Sheesh, some months ago I couldn't even pay someone to be my friend.

"You know that we can't do that ever again right?"
He took the spaghetti, "Of course...It never happened."

I stood next to the counter and watched Razor quickly eat all that he could.

"What are you?" I asked.
He swallowed and wiped his mouth, "What?"
"What race are you?"

He chuckled, "Cuban."
I laughed, "You know I just found out Wolf is Puerto Rican?"

"Seriously?"
"Yeah!"
"Por lo menos sabes Español?"

I froze.

"Right?" He asked.
"Uhhh.."
He laughed, "Nevermind."

I sat next to him as he finished his food.
"Can you tell me more about James Thompson-"
"Why?"

"I just wanna know.."
"Basically he was on our team, then tried to get everyone to turn on Wolf so he could take over."

"So who killed him?" I asked.
"Jodie.."
"Just tell me, honestly, did Wolf kill him?"
"No. I put that on everything."

"Then who killed him?"
"I gotta go." He quickly shot up and walked out of the kitchen.
"Razor!" He ignored me and walked out of my house, disappearing into the rainy night.