23

Royce got mad and made me leave, so I went home and laid on my bed. I've been pretty alone lately. Marley started dating that girl Ariel from lunch. And now, Royce isn't talking to me.

My phone buzzed.

Royce: I'm sorry for yelling

Me: it's okay I guess

Royce: I wanna talk to you. Come over.

Me: right now?

Royce: yeah, my door's open.

I locked my phone then stood up to head outside. I walked downstairs, then froze.

There was a man sitting on my front porch, looking out. He had messy straight black hair, that was sticking up and out everywhere. He was sitting comfortably, as though he lived here. I could see the tattoos going down his tanned arms.

I took a deep breath, then grabbed the cold door handle. Then I slowly twisted it and cracked open the door. The tall man quickly jumped up and whipped around. He had scars and tattoos all over his face, which I could barley see through his messy hair.

"Um-what are you-"
"What are you doing out this late?" He asked.

What!?

"Who are you?!"
He sighed and directed me to come all the way outside. But I was too afraid, so I shook my head and stayed behind the door.

"I would never hurt you, Princess Wolf."

"P-P-Princess Wolf?!"
"I'm here to protect you."

I lightened up, and walked outside. Only wearing shorts and a hoodie, not even any socks or shoes.

"Anything you want to know, I'll tell you right now."
"Who are you?" I asked.
"Razor."

"That's your name?" I asked.
"Yes."
"Real name?"
"...Ron."
I giggled, "okay Ron...I assume you're the one scratching up my friend's car?"

He froze, "Friend?"
"Yes."
"He's not your boyfriend?"
I laughed, "no."
He sighed then chuckled, "oops."
"You just go around scratching stuff?"
"Not really, I work for Wolf. My name is Razor because I'm the best with razors. I don't even feel cuts anymore."

I crossed my arms, "so why are you here?"

"I've been here since the day you met The Wolf."
"W-what do you mean?"
"I protect you, when The Wolf can't do it himself."
"Protecting me from what?"

"Anybody can do anything..If The Wolf gets in a fight with somebody in prison. That person he beats up, will get mad. Then if they find out where you live, they can have someone do anything to you. But I protect you. I sit out here all night, and make sure nobody tries anything. I wait for you at your school-"
"Has anything ever happened?"

He sighed, "I've stopped a few things. But nothing's happened in a while."
"Well-"
"But, my main job besides that, is to fuck with that dude Royce."

He must've told Wolf I was with Royce.

I sighed, "you can't keep scratching his car, Razor."
"I'm just doing my job."

I sat on the porch, and he sat next to me. We looked out into the night sky and listened to the crickets for a minute.

"H-how's Wolf?" I asked.
He smiled, "he misses you."
I smiled and squealed, "really?"
"Hell yeah."
"Can you tell him that I'm sorry for not visiting him? It's just really-"
"Hard?"

I looked at him and sighed.
"Yeah..."
"He told me that he's glad you don't come visit every day. Because it'd be too hard on him."

I smiled thinking about him. He has a part of my heart that nobody else could have.
"Does he say anything else?"
"Well," he said, "I talk to him at least once a week, and he hasn't gone a week without asking about you."

"Really?"
"Yeah," he laughed, "you're his princess."

"Did he used to always have a new girlfriend? Or am I ju-"
"The Wolf has never showed emotion before. Yeah, he fucked hoes sometimes but his whole mindset pretty much changed after you. He had never actually liked a girl, and I promise he would never hurt you."

"How did you meet him?"
He sighed, "The Beast took us both in at the same time. Wolf's like my big brother, but I was never as good at sales as him."
"Do you still do it?"
He laughed, "I'm your security full time."

"How old are you?" I asked.
"Nineteen."
"Why don't you just go to school with me?"
He laughed, "Princess, I've been banned from every school in the state. Wolf is too, but he slipped his way into yours."

I gulped, "you guys are really that bad?"
"I guess so."

I sighed and muttered to myself, "of all the people I could've fell in love with..."

"Love?"
I froze and looked at Razor, he seemed surprised.
"Um...yes. I love him."
"Did he say he loves you?"
I paused for a moment, "yes."
"Wow." He brought a long razor out of his pocket and started to play with it in his hands like it was a ball, "I've known The Wolf my whole life and I've never heard him say he loves anything." He continued to toss the razor up and catch it, seeming unaware of the small cuts forming on his tough hands.

I smiled, "Razor can I ask you an honest question?"
"Anything."
"Did Wolf...kill James Thompson?"
He adjusted himself, "what do you mean?"
"Is he guilty?"

"I can't answer that, Princess Wolf-"
"Tell me NOW."
He sighed, "no."
"No what?"
"No, he's not guilty."
I stood up with anger, "THEN WHY IS HE IN JAIL!?"

He stood up, "because...because-"
"Because?"
"Because he was set up!"
"BY WHO!?"
"I-I can't-"
"Tell me what's going on!"

Suddenly Razor grabbed me and threw me into a bush in front of my house.
"Hey!" I yelled.
"SHHHH!"

I crouched down and watched Razor. He was looking at the road so I turned and did the same. There was a car driving slowly down my street with the headlights off.

"WASSUP!?" Razor yelled.
The car stopped at the end of my driveway and two men wearing all orange got out, walking slowly through my front lawn.

"This the Princess's house?!" One asked.
"Who's askin'?" Razor yelled.
"O Dog and Jelly Belly."

I tried my hardest to hold in laughter, but I failed letting out a snort.

"That's her?!" One asked.
"What the fuck do you want?" Razor asked.
"Just delivering a message."
"What street you from?"
"Walsh."
"Tell me then I'll tell her."

I stood up slowly, revealing myself from the bushes.
"PRINCESS!"
"It's okay!" I said to Razor, "what do you guys want?"
"Oh my fucking Lord!" Razor yelled as he started pacing the ground.

"Just to tell you something."
"Why is your name....Jelly Belly?"
They started to chuckle.

"I used to be fat."
"Oh!" We laughed at how stupid his name was.

"You're cool, Princess Wolf!", he said, "Too bad I have to kill you!"
He whipped a gun out of his pocket and shot once by my head, missing.

I screamed as loud as I could, what am I getting myself into.

Razor grabbed me and ran me to my front door, throwing me in.

"Come on out, Princess!" O Dog yelled.
"Jodie," Razor yelled from outside, "STAY IN THE FUCKING HOUSE!"

I crouched behind the door as I heard a serious of shots fired back and forth outside. I felt sick to my stomach, what if something happens to Razor? I can't even save him. He'd die trying to protect me...

Suddenly they all stopped.
"Princess!?" Razor yelled. I sighed in relief, he's okay.
"Hm?!" I yelled.
"Come.Out.Now!"