Prolouge

"Jodie wake up!" It was a regular Sunday morning. Getting up early for church. I showered then got dressed in my church clothes. A blue dress and white flip flops. I looked in the mirror, hating what I saw as usual.

But, I'm just glad it's Sunday. Things are much easier on Sunday. Everyone loves me, nobody bullies me.
"Joe the Hoe" is what they call me at school. Don't ask why, I have no idea.

"Jodie you ready?!" My mom yelled.
"We're gonna be late!" Dad yelled after her. I sighed and flipped my hair behind my shoulders.

"Here I come!" I walked out of my room and headed downstairs. My phone buzzed.

Kat: Morning Jo Jo!!!

Me: Morning Katty Kat!

I smiled then got in the car. We listened to the radio as we rode to church.

"Breaking news!" The radio host said, "One of Cleveland's worst gang members was released last night! Hide ya kids! Hide ya wife!"

I laughed and closed my eyes. I don't even live in Cleveland. Well, I live in a city a small town about a half hour from Cleveland.
We arrived at the church parking lot after twenty minutes and I hopped out of my Mom's car.

"Don't forget teen church is today!" My mom reminded me.
"I didn't!" I smiled and walked off the the church gym. I love teen church! It's where all of my friends are.

"Hey Jodie!" My friend Kat yelled as I walked in.
"Hey girl!"

"Jodie!" I looked against the wall and Rodney was there with some other people.
"Hey Rodney!" I walked over to him and gave him a hug. I dated Rodney for a week but it didn't work out. He lives in Cleveland, and I didn't need to date at the time anyways. But now, I'm a senior in high school. I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend.

"Did you hear about that gang member?!" Rodney asked.
"Yeah I just heard about it on the radio."
"I'm terrified!" He laughed along with everyone else.
"Why?"
"HE'S A GANG MEMBER!"
"That doesn't mean he's a bad person!" I argued, "he could've changed!"
Everyone paused and looked at me.

"You're too nice Jodie," Rodney said as everyone else agreed. I laughed and felt around for my phone. I must've left it in the car.
"Be right back guys!" I yelled as I left the crowd.

I started to walk out of the gym, looking at the ground when suddenly I hit a wall. I looked up and noticed it was a person.
"I am so sorry!" I said. I looked at his face and noticed he was covered in tattoos. They were on his arms, hands, and face. He didn't reply to me, but he just stared. I quickly walked around him and left the gym.

Creepyyyy

I grabbed my phone from the car then headed back to the gym, service had started. Everyone was sitting in chairs facing the pastor, in silence.

"Jodie!" I heard Kat whisper. I found where she was sitting and sat next to her.

"Good morning, Jodie!" The pastor said. I noticed he had a nervous look on his face.
"Good morning Pastor Brown!" Looking around, I noticed everyone had an extremely nervous look on their face.

Did I miss something?!

"What's going on?" I whispered to Kat.
"That's him," she whispered nervously.
"What?!"
"The gang member."

"What?"
"That's the gang member!" She quickly pointed to the back row and there he was. The guy I bumped into.

Staring directly at me.