Chapter 9 - Always be brave

Start from the beginning

"Rima!" Professor Amy cries happily, and with that gives me a light hug of relief. "I was so worried about you. I tried to visit you this morning, but Professor Grant was continuously dumping work onto me. He must've figured out the plan, so we must hurry."

We continue heading down the hallway, away from the complex. It fades, the further we push on. And I feel hope-real hope, for the first time.

We snake around the corridors, several times before finding an exit.

Once we manage to escape through a hidden door, we were outside the backyard on Grant's mini-camp site; loaded with lots of trucks and tanks. I began looking around just like Professor Amy. There was hardly anyone around, as they were most likely still inside, since it was still around 7 in the morning. She then leads me behind pulls me behind a giant tank.

And from here, we started to talk.

"Rima," She informs, "You know what the plan is, right?"

"Y-Yes." I reply, my voice almost hoarse.

"Ok." Her gaze then turns towards one way. I too, look over as well. "Best if you head that way, and try to get over the fence alright?"

I nod.

"Good." She exhales, "So before you go on your own, I-"

"W-What?!" I croak, "Y-You never mentioned that I had to go alone!"

"I-I don't want to run away alone! P-please stay with me Professor Amy!" I cling on the sleeve of her arm even more tighter by the minute.

At that moment, she gently takes my trembling hands, with a calm response. "Rima, I understand you're still far too young to go on your own. But you've heard of what Dr. Grant has done to the other survivors didn't you?"

"Right now, you need to get to a safer place. I know you have the immune blood, and finding a cure involves the risk of your well-being, but I disagree with Professor Grants plans. He's always been stubborn, aiming at achieving only his own goals, regardless of who dies along the way."

She too, begins to cry. "I won't let him hurt you hear me?"

I nod, feeling a shudder for a second. Better than actually seeing it myself. Still I was able to visualize it in my head--and how Daniel has ran away, as well.

"Daniel...H-he," I struggle to say, "I know what happened to him. He also ran away as well, didn't he."

Her eyes seem to glow with worry, moving away as if reluctant of me finding out.

"He did." She finally admits, not even bothering to sugar coat the truth. "But I won't just let you run clueless, like before, when Daniel escaped; I know where a place where you can take refuge to."

Her gaze then meets towards the distance towards the west. "I don't know how you'll actually get there, but there's no other choice. You know there's another safe refuge place 200 miles east from here. It's also a major research laboratory, researching on finding a cure for the virus; FREZ."

Suddenly, I remember. "Aren't they the enemy?"

"Not for you though Rima. The thing is..." She gleams at me, hope still strong in her. "You're uncle: Vermont Orlume owns that research laboratory. He, out of everyone else will want to keep you safe! I promise you."

A whole new expression was on me now, as I was flabbergasted. My uncle was the owner of FREZ. Yet no one even told me, or mentioned it to me all this time.

"I can understand that you're minds probably filled with fear of anxiety for what problems and obstacles you may face. But, I can guarantee what you have to handle out there, would be as bad as what you have to handle-"