Chapter 18

I waited patiently for a young girl, maybe 14 or 15 to bring my clothes, which consisted of a long sleeved, white shirt, tights, underclothing, and uggs.

I walked to the bathroom slowly. I felt exhausted but I knew if I later down to sleep I wouldn't be able to. I ran strictly hot water in the tub and sank into it. Alone at last. I thought.

Tears stung my eyes as I thought of everything I had gone through, the past month. My family being murdered, falling in love, getting crapped on, being replaced, running away, and being pursued by another sexy alpha.

Tears flowed and in the back of my head I heard my wolf whimper. I felt as if something was snapping inside my chest. Its our mate bond breaking. My wolf replied.

It can be broken? I asked. I began to soap up my body with raspberry scented soap. Only if the moon goddess sees fit. She for sees the future. There are time where she gives you a mate that rejects you, so that you are changed in a way she sees fit. There are also second chance mates though.

So, Mason and I will never be together again? I asked, pausing in my bath. You never really know. Sometimes the moon goddess will bring you to the brink of severing the bond as a sign to the opposing side that of they continue, they will lose their other half. Other times the bind doesn't break at all. Even years after the rejection it doesn't break, those people usually get back together after a while.

I sighed as I felt Lilliana break the connection with me after that. I could feel the hurt of losing her mate. I actually felt bad for her because to her a mate was her whole heart, her other half. And to be told the other half of your soul doesn't want you, but they want another, it must be really hard.

As my fingers started to prune I stepped out of the tub and dried off with a towel. There wasn't a blow dryer so I had to rub it dry with the towel. Slipping on my clothes, I pulled my hair up in a sloppy bun. I slipped on the shoes that I arrived in.

As I stepped out of the room I was greeted by the young girl again. She smiled gently and began to walk. I followed her. Again I was greeted by the confusing twist of a mansion. I felt like I was a freshmen I'm high school all over again.

We came toward a large sitting area and there stood Jamal in the middle of the room. He smiled at me gently as the girl disappeared. He picked up a set of keys and grabbed my hand. We walked out of the mansion together to a black, sleek looking car.

We sat in the car and began to drive. I stared out the windows at the starry night as trees passed by I'm a blur. I could feel Jamal sneaking glances at me but I ignored them. "You OK?" Jamal asked, concern showing on his face.

"Yeah, I just feel numb inside." I answered looking towards him. Jamal opened his mouth, then shut it, hesitating to say what he wanted to. Finally he said it. "Your wolf... did she tell, like anything about your bond breaking?" Jamal asked before turning back to the road, I saw him swallow and his fingers choke the wheel.

"I felt it. She said it was beginning to break." I answered looking at my hands. Jamal nodded.

"Thats probably why Mason is in an uproar looking for you. He's calling all packs about his missing Luna. " Jamal chuckled humorlessly.

"Please don't call me that, I'm not his Luna. I'm not a Luna at all." I answered, my wolf lifted her head in my mind, and growled objectively. "Dont say that. You are a Luna. Period. Your wolf is an alpha female, a strong one. She's only looking for her equally strong Alpha." Jamal said, smiling at me as he grabbed my hand.

Lightning shot up my arm as he touched me. We both gasped and looked at each other in disbelief. I only ever felt those sparks when Mason touched me. "What the fuck?" I whispered to myself.