Chapter 1

I tossed and turned on the hard as rock bed. I began to think about my life and where it was going. I was a waitress that is still paying student loans from art school, which by the way has gotten me no where even with my skill. I loved with my sick mother who was on the verge of death. And also with my 7 year old nephew, Noah, and my sister Jen.

Jen was in a wheelchair, unable to walk due to a car accident she had, which resulted in the death of her husband and Noah's father. So unfortunately I was the only one actually making the money in the house.

I sighed. I was so tired. So tired of what life, fate, and destiny were throwing at me right and left. All the debt, all the bills, all the sickness. And for what?

I began to think about my father. I never really knew him. From my mothers words he left because the mob were after him, and that they wanted something he stole from them. She never did say what. She would always clam up and ask me to help her to bed and that she was too tired to talk.

A huge crash came from downstairs. I bolted out of my bed, my auburn hair swinging in my face. My shorts and tank top were sticking to my skin because of the sweat that was poring out of my pores. Too bad I couldn't afford air conditioning or fans, I thought grimly.

Another crash caught my attention from downstairs. But this time screaming was involved. Noah. I bolted out of my room and down the stairs only to see that Noah, my poor baby Noah, was lying on the floor with cold dead eyes. His arm was torn off and laying across the room.

I dropped to my knees feeling as if I was stabbed in the chest with a knife and acid bile rising up my throat. Who would do this to a small child? I thought my hot tears running down my face. As I looked to the side of the room, I saw three wolves. A brown wolf and a great wolf, around 7ft tall stood. In between them stood a giant black wolf. His body, his stance, his eyes demanded submission and radiated power in waves.

I stood, motionless in fear. My body was paralyzed. Just then Jen and my mother came out, Jen rolling her wheelchair as fast as she could to get out here. Jen sat for a moment. Her face held horror that summed up exactly how I felt on the inside.

She opened her mouth to scream but before she could even make a sound, the brown haired wolf jumped on her, knocking her and her wheelchair over. His jaws snapped around her head and he bagan to ravish her face, chewing and eating her before he turned on my mother.

My mother stood with no emotion on her face. It seemed as if she were expecting this somehow. The thought seemed to sicken me even further.

The wolf snapped at my mothers leg, tearing it off, as the grey wolf jumped over them to bite her head off. Cutting off her screams of torture. Then all of a sudden they all turned towards me. Fear shook me to the bones as I realized I may never see the dawn of light again.

The black wolf began to near me slowly. I closed my eyes, squeezing them so tightly that my head began to hurt. He came so close to me that I could feel his breath on my face, a deep growl emitted from his chest.

The most delicious smell wafted to my nose. It smelled of pine cones and fresh air.

This is what I get for moving in the middle of fucking no where. A bunch of mutated wolves breaking in my house killing my only family and then have the biggest one of them all breathing his breath in my face and getting all up and in my personal bubble.

The big wolf lowered his snout to my neck and began sniffing. Just as I thought he was about to rip my throat out he instead licks and nuzzles against it. He got no response from me. I clenched my hands and kept my eyes shut. He whimpered and licked my cheek.

I flinched. That's probably the same tongue in which he killed my baby nephew with, I thought venomlously. Tears were streaming down my cheeks as the grief hit me like a ton of bricks. Then the big stupid dog has the nerve to lick my tears!

I opened my eyes wide and glared at the big mutt in front of me. I didn't care anymore. I had nobody else in this world. If I die then I'm going out with a bang. He backed away watching me. I stood up on shaky knees.

"What the hell did my family do to you?!" I screamed at them. "What did a 7 year old boy do to deserve that kind of death?! I hate you all!" I screamed. My heart clentched at my words. All the good times I had with my family...gone. I would never see them again.

I pushed the big black wolf although he didn't budge an inch. I walked from the house crying. I had no clue what I was going to do. I just knew I had to get away. I ran through the forest crying and screaming like a crazy women. I could hear the wolves running after me.

I could hear them howling which stroke fear in me. But then there was one long loud earth shaking howl. Fear traveled through my body like am infectious disease. The howl literally made me fall to the ground. I didn't know what to do. What could I do?

Then a thought occurred to me. I could play dead. All those survivors of the discovery channel do it. Besides whats the difference between a bear and a wolf? I shook my head at my own self for that stupid question. I heard the wolves coming closer. I layed still on the ground not moving.

The black wolf went around me to sniff my face and hair. Then he went under me. His head under my stomach, until it was his neck, and then his back. He stood up tall and proud slowly. I opened my eyes just a bit to see I was on his back high off the ground.

Oh god I thought. What am I going to do? The wolf began a slow trot through the woods. My eyes began to droop as all the adrenaline that was pumping through my body fled. Suddenly I was so very sleepy. I shut my eyes but this time I couldn't open them again. I fell into a deep dreamless slumber.