Chapter 16

My heart was beating a million times a minute as I stared out at the wide open planes. I didn't waste anymore time, I began running again.

As I was half way across the field a thundering roar sounded in my ears, making me whip around. There was Mason, bones snapping and fur growing, until he was a huge black wolf.

I ran again but this time I felt a change in my body, like my... Wolf was about to do something.

And she did.

I felt my bones snapping and a burning sensation going all through out my body, making me howl with pain. My body was reached with shudders but I never stopped running. Then in mid air I jumped and turned into a 6 ft tall wolf.

As I dropped back onto the earth I began running again with a newfound quickness. I saw the whole world differently. I saw things closer my brain reacted differently, I had a new primal sense of fight or flight, and I defiantly was not going to fight.

A gold wolf tackled to the ground from the side. Instantly I knew it was that guy who never liked me. My jaws snapped at him as my wolf howled with anger. He dare touch his Luna!!! Terrifying growls came from me.

I snapped at his shoulder tasting blood as he howled in pain. I pulled him by his shoulder off me, my teeth still lodge inside of him. I let go and instantly started running. I felt the other wolf slice deeply into my thigh and I let out a howl of pain.

I looked back to see Mason running even faster to get where I am. The rage in his eyes was indefinable. I began running again but not as fast because of the sharp pains shooting through my whole leg.

Surprisingly I was still faster than Mason although if it was a fight I knew I would never win. That's is the balance of us. If only the moon goddess had paired us with a mate that's actually wanted us. My heart ached at the sound of her broken voice.

We will get him back. What's your name? I asked taking the focus off the big scary alpha chasing after us. We began to dart through the forest.

I am Lilliana. She answered. She didn't say much more so I didn't ask, I continued to run. After a while I lost track of time, everything was a blur to me. I could have been running for minutes, hours, or days, I wouldn't know.

It wasn't until a wolf crashed me into a tree that I snapped into focus. I snarled at the grey wolf and got prepared to pounce. We circled each other for a moment before he jumped. His arm twitched and in my wolf mind I smirked. Now I knew what he was going to do. He lunged with his paw out forward to swipe me in the face with his claw, but I step sided it.

I lunged on top of him, biting into his neck. I felt him go limp in submission. That's when two other wolves attached me. I went down when one bit my neck.

A man walked out from the shadows. It was Jamal. He sniffed for a minute and his eyes widened. He ordered the wolves off of me and rushed to me. His eyes held concern which I had no clue why it was there.

"Shift." Jamal ordered. I shook my head, trying to tell him that I didn't know how. I felt like my wolf took a step back and rested in the back of my head. As if she had done what she needed to do.

"Shift." Jamal ordered again but this time his voice sounded different. As if it was his voice but it was undermined by a deeper voice as well.

I felt the crackle of my bones, but it didn't hurt this time. Its like losing your virginity, I thought. The first time hurts but the rest dont. I would have giggled at my own little joke but a huge burning, throbbing pain in my leg stopped me.

"I knew I smelled blood." Jamal muttered quietly. "Did my wolves do this?" His voice sounded deadly and I swore I saw one of the wolves step back in fear. I shook my head quickly, feeling my mind go blank in the pain. I looked down at my leg.

Blood was running down my smooth skin and three huge slashes swirled down my leg. The wound was deep and had an overflowing stream of blood.

I felt my eyes roll into the back of my head as I passed out from the gruesome site. Funny how I can watch my family be torn apart but I pass out at the site of my own blood.