Chapter 14

I sat there for hours, crying my heart out. I knew I had no right to be upset. Hell, he was my kidnapper! He only acted like he wanted me so he didn't have to deal with raping me.

I wiped my eyes, my stomach growling loudly. At that point I had actually felt alone. I had no clue what to do, no where to go. In that moment the pain of losing my family hit me all over again bit I had no tears to cry left. I should just go down stairs for lunch and forget everything, that I ever slept with him, that I fell in love with him, and how he's also engaged.

I got up and walked to the bathroom. I patted my brown locks down and stared at my red, swollen, and blotchy face. I splashed some water on me and sniffed my nose. Yeah I'll be OK. I just need to get away from here, I thought exiting the bathroom. I left the room and began to walk through the halls. I felt as if everyone I saw was staring at me, as if they knew what happened.

I kept my chin held high as I stepped into the dinning room. I instantly spotted Fawn and Mason. She was sitting to the right of him. In my seat. I swung my hair over my shoulder, determined not to let anyone see my pain.

I sat down at the very end of the table, as far as I could get from Mason and his bitch. I could feel Mason starring holes at the side of my face and for some reason my heart squeezed in pain. I heard a chair scrape against the end of the table and looked up to see Trent getting up, as if agitated. He stared at Mason with a look of anger, as if having a silent argument with him.

After a moment Trent angrily picked up his plate and began walking towards me. The few people that came to eat lunch stared at him the whole way. My eyes slid to Masons and he stared at me with a stotic expression that broke my heart. I looked down at my plate. No longer wanting to eat, no longer wanting to see Mason with that bimbo, basically no longer wanting to be alive.

Hold on a minute. Where the hell did that come from? I thought. I had never been suicidal and I'm not going to start now. Especially not over a man.

Trent sat down next to me. His big body not looking right in the small chairs. He grabbed the plate next to him, which was untouched, and began to shovel it on his plate. He looked up at me, "You alright?" He asked in that country tone.

His eyes for the first time held concern, something other than joy and laughter. I nodded my head, not trusting my voice to speak. I shoveled some food in my mouth, chewing the hell out of it, like it caused all these problems.

I swallowed and looked back at Mason. He was still staring at me with that face as Fawn talked on and on in an annoying preppy voice. Her face had an arrange of cuts, scrapes, and bruises. I looked down at my plate and began eating.

I heard Trent sigh beside me. "Look, Maria, I know it hurts but if you need anything, I-" tears pooled in my eyes. "Thanks but I have to go, I have to do- that um, thing." I stammered out. I picked up my plate and sped walked out of the dining area with Trent calling my name.

When I got to the room I sat on the bed, eating softly. I didn't want think anymore. All I kept thinking about was Mason. I finished my food and layed under the covers. I began to cry myself asleep. So much for staying strong, I thought as I drifted away yo sleep, one last tear making it's way down my cheek.