Sub-Chapter 7 - What Real Trust Is

Start from the beginning

The skies were so congested that I couldn’t go where I wanted to go and the more moves I made, the less space I had.

“Pete, Sam where are you guys, I need some help,” I fired still dodging for my life.

BDRRRRR! BDRRRRR! I dodged feeling like I only had a couple moves left before I was completely boxed in.

“Hold on, Tim, I’m coming,” Sam let out. “Ahhhhhh!”

BOOM! BDRRRRR! BDRRRRR! BOOM! BOOM! Sam came from the rear obliterating the opposition. He moved like an eagle in and out of their ranks before shooting off again with a few of them on his trail.

“Sam, hold on, I’m coming back for you,” I replied.

“Yeah, hurry,” he replied jetting out of sight.

“Let’s move,” Eve ordered mashing buttons frantically. “Sam gave us a shot to get to the spot let’s move, get back and get those guys off of his tail.”

“Yeah, let’s go,” I replied turning on the jets.

Playtime was over. It was an insignificant gesture after my performance at the Battle of New Angeles but I had to do something even if it was just a game. I shot toward the mountain opening with a battalion on my tail. I saw the opening and just as I was about to enter I had an epiphany.

“Tim, what are you doing?” Eve replied as I pulled up suddenly. “We’re going too fast. You can’t make that move; we’re going to hit the mountain.”

The pull of the gravity was so strong that I almost pulled the navigating stick out of the socket.

“Ahhhhhh!” Eve and I grunted as the ship forced its way upward.

It pulled against staggering g-force. The ship rattled as I fought to straighten it up.

“C’mon!” I said trying to will it straight.

“Tim you idioooooooooooooot!” Eve fired scared out of her wits.

“Woo-hoo!” I exclaimed as we finally evened out. “Yes! I knew I could do it.”

I looked at our rear camera.

“Try to follow that act,” I exclaimed waiting for the show.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! A couple tried to make the turn exploding into the mountain. The debris and smoke from the explosion clogged and blinded the following ships causing them to collide with the mountain and each other.

“Now, to finish the job,” I replied making a 90 degree turn and heading back to finish off the stragglers.

BOOM! BRRRRR! BOOM! BRRRRR! I mowed down the remaining ships like road kill. I couldn’t believe my eyes. They were all gone.

“Sam,” I replied turning back. “Where are you and Sai?”

I waited for a brief second before they replied.

“Yeah, Tim, were northwest, we have a lot on our tail and our shields are failing fast,” Sai replied. “Get over here.”

“No, we’re fine,” Sam broke in. “I can take’em.”

“Ignore him,” Sai replied. “Get over here.”

I turned the jets to full blast and shot off in their direction. It was just a game but I wasn’t going to let him down again. We were moving so fast, all I saw was blurs. I had to be there for him.

“Tim, slow down,” Eve barked breaking my concentration.

“I can’t, I have to be there for him,” I replied dodging and maneuvering through the fighting all around us.

Timothy Eli and the Light Guard TrialsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara