Chapter 16

Newts POV
There was several images. Images that ceased to exist in his mind before but ceased to leave his brain as soon as the grievers silver shinning spear pierced him through the back.
The images were laced across his vision like they were strung on a laundry line, swaying softly as each one fell from their hooks to land at his feet. His eyes drank them, surviving only on what he saw in front of him.
Actually, no.
Some things that commanded his eyes tore him to pieces. Shards of his family, his young sister, WICKED ripping them all away, forcing him into the maze. Whispers of 'the greater good'.
There was only one image that danced in front of him willing him to keep breathing.
His eyes in the cold cellars of the WICKED compound.
His dark hair falling quietly over the brown-green of his irises.
Tommy.
***
Thomas POV

His mind opened before his eyes. Without his vision nothing struck his head, but as he opened his eyes it all came dripping back into his brain. Like a flash light of white being swung across his eyes.

He knew he was in the Homestead, but the familiarity hit him in a strange way as his first totally clear thought hit him also.
How could anything be familiar is this twisted world.
Thomas felt sheets around him, he could practically smell the crisp white of the room, nothing modern but everything clean. There were noises in the distance, as there always seemed to be in the glade. He was gradually aware of the noises growing into voices before his  vision struck him as two boys, maybe one year older then himself, entered the room. He recognised one of them but he could remember where from. One of them seemed shocked to find thomas awake but the other, the one thomas remembered, simply left the moment he saw that the boys eyes were open. The voices rose. Thomas tried to shift his weight but he was vaguely aware something tugging at his shins, like a... almost like a.....
"Stay here" said the remaining medjack , his gold eyes hard like metal. but there was layers to his words, layers of meaning. Layers of secrets. Thomas tried to push himself up again, the tugging now on his shins and wrists. Almost like...
"Stay put, alight?!" Hissed the medjack before darting out of the door.
almost like... Restraints.
restraints.
the word came with panic.
Thomas sat up instantly, tugging at his arms, his legs, any part of his body but none of hem left the bed. His panic because swollen in his throat.
What was going on?
Tug
Why would they tie me down?!
tug
Help. Someone one -
"Help!!" he yelled "hey, get me off this -"
The two medjack soldiers were back, now with the leader, Ably at their side. Thomas felt hands on his shoulders, grips that pushed and fastened like locks around him. Like they'd done it before.

Newt.

Newt.

Something had happened. Something has happened.

His brain searched for the last moment he saw the blonde boy but everything just felt black, looked black, even tasted black. He could taste it.

Something had happened.

"What goING ON" he screamed

"Let mE GO" his voice startled the low ringing in his ears.

Something had happened that resulted in him being tied down to a bed, unable to leave from what seemed less like a hospital and more like a prison.

Something happened between the black and the blinding white.