Chapter 11: Under the Moonlight.

Finally what you guys have been waiting for! End of the fillers, time for the story to move on.

-Time Skip to Night-

I peeked through Mark's blinds, revealing the night sky which was tinted from the streetlights below. It was getting late and by this point I was getting really curious. What the heck was Mark planning? This was just getting beyond a joke.

"Mark!" I shouted down the house. "C'mere!" Soon after I heard noises coming from Mark's room and then the sound of the door opening. I turned to face him and was surprised to see a Mark who was wearing a coat, shoes and was holding a basket.

"Should we go?" Mark asked gesturing to the front door. Without waiting for a reply he began heading to the door.

"Woah, hold on." I said stopping him. "I haven't even got my shoes on." He rolled his eyes.

"Well there is a really simple solution for that." He began. "Put your shoes on." I did as he, sarcastically, said and then threw on my jacket, following him out the door. Mark rushed to the car and I hurriedly tried to keep up. Before I got the chance to say anything, Mark had already gotten into the car.

"Mark, what are we doing?" I asked firmly as I also got into the car. He didn't reply and began to drive. "Mark." I said firmly once more. Mark sighed. 

"I hope you didn't get your hopes up, it's honestly not that great." Mark sighed gently. I rested my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sure that it is fine, but please, tell me what it is." I asked once again, determined to get an answer.

"Not too far away there's a place where people go to have picnics." Mark started explaining. "Though usually people go during the day, I thought it would be nice at night." 

"Mark that sounds great." I smiled, reassuring him.

"Also, there's no streetlights or anything there meaning that we can get a decent few of the sky which appears to be quite clear tonight." Mark said taking quick glances up to the dark sky.

-Time Skip yet again-

We had arrived after a not-too-long drive. Mark was sure right about one thing. It was dark. I stepped out of the car, as did Mark. I took in my surroundings. It was dark but the glow of the silver moon lit the area, making it visible for us to see. Also for us to not fall on our arses. 

"Wow." I simply muttered.

"Do you like it?" Mark asked while fetching the basket from the car.

"I love it." I said in awe. Mark gave me a small smile. 

"Let's go then." Mark began walking to a small field which was covered in green grass. I followed closely. He suddenly stopped and reached for something from the basket. It appeared to be a blanket. he examined the area once more and then set the blanket on his desired spot. He had already plopped himself onto the blanket and began to sit and stare out into the mysterious sky. I took a sit next to him and did the same.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Mark asked, keeping his eye on the sky. 

"It's fookin' marvelous." I replied, gazing into the star filled night. I then turned my attention to Mark. He was looking up into the heavens. The moon glowed on his face, highlighting all of his features. It was then I realised, just how beautiful Mark was. The moon complimented every inch of his face. Mark turned to face me. I quickly diverted my eyes to somewhere else, hoping that he did not catch me admiring his seemingly flawless face. This was mad. This was absolutely mad. I have never felt this way about a man, let alone my best friend. My heart was racing and my breathing was rushed. 

I then made eye contact with the man who was making me feel as flustered as i've ever felt. Saying nothing, I leaned in. 

Our lips met for the third time. Mark seemed a bit taken aback at first but then let himself follow my lips. The kiss was passionate. 

More importantly, we were sober and I didn't regret it at all.

//

kinda short but I hope it's okay!

i am writing this while very tired so if there's any spelling mistakes or anything please do your best to ignore them.

i love you guys very much, thank you for voting and reading my story <3