Chapter 9: Pancakes for Lunch.

I had left Mark on the couch to head back to the guest room, or I guess for now, my room. I hadn't really unpacked anything, It was all just in my suitcases. I opened my smaller suitcase and grabbed by laptop from it. Sighing gently, I opened the lid. I needed to schedule two videos for my channel for the usual times. If I hadn't pre-recorded a bunch of videos I would have been screwed. 

After I had finished scheduling the videos I closed my laptop lid and placed it on the bed. I leaned forward and place my face into my palms. Not long after Mark charged in. 

"Change of plans! We are eating here for lunch. I have an idea of what we can do later." Mark then ran charged out the room again, before I could get my thoughts around what he just said. Quickly, I stood up and followed Mark. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked once he was in my view.

"I'm going to make us lunch here, no going out for lunch." Mark explained.

"Okay, but why the sudden change of plans?" I asked once more. He didn't answer, instead he just looked at me and then walked to the kitchen.

"What do you want? I could make you a sandwich? Or maybe even some pancakes?" Mark turned around holding a bottle of pancake mix.

"For lunch?" I snickered. 

"Why the hell not?" He shrugged. "Pancakes it is!"

I had no idea what Mark was planning or why our plans of eating out had changed all of a sudden. Whatever it was, he seemed happy with it so I wasn't going to question him any further.

-Mark's POV-

The aroma of the cooking pancakes filled me with delight. Jack was going to love these. I finished preparing them and set them on to two separate plates. One for Jack and one for me. 

I placed Jack's plate on the table in front of him. 

"Pancakes for the second best person in the house." I smirked at him.

"So not true!" He whined. 

"Who made the pancakes?" I reminded him. 

"A big goober." Jack crossed his arms in false temper and then giggled. "No but seriously, thank you Mark." 

I tipped my imaginary fedora and sat next to Jack to eat my pancakes. I was excited for tonight. I didn't have anything BIG planned but I still think it will be good.

"What do you think?" I asked while gesturing to the pancakes on Jack's plate.

"Good. Very good." Jack replied, stuffing some more pancakes into his mouth. I smiled widely. Jack may not be sure of how he feels for me but I know one thing for certain. I know how I feel about him.

-Jack's POV-

Mark is so nice. I really don't deserve any of this, but here I am being served pancakes by my best friend. I glanced over to Mark who was quietly eating his pancakes. Just as I was. No conversation was being held as Mark looked like he was deep in thought and I didn't want to disturb him. Besides, I was relatively deep in thought myself.

I was still confused with how I feel about Mark. It was beginning to feel like I was wrestling with my own thoughts and there was a lot of factors which I had to take into consideration.

Do I like Mark? Or am I just confused?

//

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING LOVE ME PLS

school just started back up for me, but i'm hoping it won't affect how much update too much.

but anyway! oooo Mark has plans. Jack is still confused but don't worry that train will leave the station soon enough.

ALSO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS ILY<33