Father and Son Accident

Start from the beginning

                I held them back while Nico pulls the board out from the bottom. "Ready?" Nico said then he gave the skateboard a mighty tug. The mountain of books shook. I felt the whole thing shake under me. Then... Nico was smiling holding the skateboard.

                "Success, my friend" he said in a think European accent. Then a book fell from the top of the pile.

                "Ouch?" I said rubbing the back of my head. Nico just laughed.

                "Well my fellow partner in crime, let us go to and cause more havoc. To the park!"

                 It took me a while to realize that Nico was under caffeine. Well actually I didn't realize it he told me. Apparently he and Percy had a dare and Percy dared Nico to drink two whole cups of coffee and see how long he can stay awake. And I have a feeling it's going to be quite a long time.

                I joined George and Nico as we walked into the park. Like George said there was a rather large half pipe along with other skating obstacles. There were two other kids just skating around.

                “So come on get on” George said laying the board down on the ground. “It’s easy. You just have to learn to balance.”

                After a few more minutes of attempting to ride the skateboard, I had managed to get the hang of it. It was actually kind of fun. And after a few more tries, we went to the half pipe.

                “Are you sure you can ride with roller-skates?” George asked “I tried that before. I couldn’t get up the ramp.”

                “That’s cause you have to get up before you put on your skates” Nico said then proceeded to climb the ramp. We were right behind him as he started to tie in his skates.

                “Are you sure about this dude?” George asked

                “Have you ever heard of extreme skating?” Nico asked George nodded while I looked at him puzzled.

                “What?”

                “It’s like a game in the tablet.” George said “And this has to do with skating in real life, how?”

                Nico smiled “let’s just say I did a couple of tricks back home”

                My eyes widened. He did this in the Underworld? And I did not know?

                “Where were your parents at the time?”

                “Well,” Nico said “my mom’s dead, my dad’s busy, my aunt and stepmom keeps telling me to eat and the only adult that really watches me doesn’t really care if I just suddenly lie dead in the middle of the floor. He lets me do whatever I want”

                 I may need to have some words with Charon… I thought as George looked at Nico with jealously

                “Wow” he said “you’re so lucky”

                “If you consider getting ignored half the time lucky then I’d switch with you any day” Nico said standing up. “Anyway… let’s do this!” he then skated down the ramp. Moving like a pro as he skated through cones. I just stared at my son. I never expected him to be able to do something like that. I was snapped out of my thoughts when …