Chapter Ten

Dipper walked into the Mystery Shack and was immediately greeted by Mabel. "Okay, so why did you want Pacifica over?" She asked
"Just to mess with her a bit. Then maybe try to talk some sense into her," He said. "Definitely mess with her first."
Mabel was about to say something when they heard a knock on the door. Dipper turned around and answered it. "Hey Paz, what brings you here?" He asked, smiling.
"Mabel invited me," She told him, stepping in and walking past him to Mabel. "Hey," She said, hugging her.
"I see how it is, just ignore me and hug and talk to Mabel. That's a rather disappointing greeting after this morning," He said, winking at her.
She blushed. "Sorry, hello Dipper," She said and looked at Mabel. "What are we gonna do?" She asked.
"Movie?" Mabel asked her.
Pacifica nodded. "Sure," She said and walked to the living room with we Mabel.
"Ooh! Can I join?" Dipper asked and walked up behind them moving between them and wrapping his arms around each of their shoulders.
"Um, sure," Mabel said as they sat on the couch, Dipper still between them. She grabbed the remote and started looking for a movie on the TV.
Dipper thought a moment on ways to mess with Pacifica. Eventually he thought of something and smirked a bit. He leaned over towards Pacifica and wrapped an arm back around her shoulder. "So, could I kiss you again if I made sure it didn't mean anything?" He whispered to her.
She blushed a bit and kept her eyes on the TV. "Oh my gosh, shut up Dipper," She said, holding back a smile.
He laughed a bit. "I mean isn't that how it works? As long as it doesn't mean anything it's fine right?"
She looked at him. "I said that that kiss didn't mean anything. Not that you could kiss me as long as you "made sure it didn't mean anything"," She told him.
He raised an eyebrow at her. "So, could you kiss me? Is that still allowed?" He asked.
"Seriously, stop it Dipper," She said, laughing a bit.
Mabel stopped searching a moment and looked over at them before smiling. "I'm gonna go make popcorn, I'll be right back."
Pacifica watched Mabel leave as Dipper spoke again. "I mean, it's not like we're dating, just kissing," He told her and kissed her cheek.
She looked back at him, blushing brighter now. "I doubt my parents would be too thrilled about that either..." She told him.
"Ugh, come on Pacifica, again with the parents?" He asked.
She nodded. "Yes, again with the parents. Only because I don't want you to get hurt," She said.
"Then we keep it secret. We could do it Paz," He said placing his forehead against hers.
She faltered a moment, almost believing him. "Dipper, stuff like that never works. Books, movies, plays, real life. It always ends badly," She said.
"How do you know? There might be plenty of secret couples out there that are doing perfectly. And no one knows about them," He told her.
She stared at him a moment, he seemed like he really believed they'd be able to do it. It was contagious.
"Let... let me think about it," She said quietly.
He nodded a bit. "Alright," He said and pulled away as Mabel walked back in with the popcorn, sitting back down on the other side of Dipper. Mabel finally picked a movie and they all sat, surprisingly, quietly watching it. About half way into it Pacifica looked at the time. "I should be heading home," She told them and got up off the couch. Dipper stood up as well and walked her to the door, leaving an almost asleep Mabel in the living room. He opened the door for her. "Don't forget to think about it," He told her.
She looked back and smiled a bit. "Don't worry, I'll be thinking about it. But... if I decide not to, know it's because I want to keep you safe, not that I wouldn't... want to."
He just nodded, knowing it was likely that would happen.
She walked over and hugged him. "Thank you for everything Dipper," She said.
He wrapped his arms loosely around her, not risking hurting her. She laughed a bit, "Its fine, there's nothing like that right now." He smiled and hugged her tighter. "Really?" He asked.
She nodded. "Yeah, it's been a couple weeks now since the last time," She said, smiling a bit.
"That's good," He said, smiling wider and lightly kissing the top of her head.
Pacifica pulled away from the hug after another moment. "I should start heading home now," She told him.
"Yeah... stay safe Paz," He said and kissed her cheek again.
She blushed and smiled a bit. "Yeah, I'll see you later Dipper." With that she turned around and started walking home, still smiling to herself.
Dipper leaned against the doorway and watched her go, smiling as well. "DIPPER!" He heard Mabel yell from the other room. "I FEEL LIKE CRAP, GO MAKE ME SOUP."
He sighed a bit and shut the door. "Okay, just wait a few minutes and I'll bring it to you," He said and started towards the kitchen.