Chapter Nine (Whoa How Have I Gotten to Nine??)

Pacifica sat at the table, tapping her fingers and thinking over that morning. 'Maybe not the best move...' She thought herself before smiling. 'Not a terrible one though...' She heard her parents walking downstairs and looked up, wiping the smile off her face.
"Good morning mom, good morning dad," She said, the demanded greeting in the morning.
"Good morning Pacifica," Her mother said and sat down across from her, her father next to her (her dad sat next to her mother, not Paz). "Did you sleep well last night?"
"Yes ma'am," She told her nodding. Her parents had a very fake kindness to them when they had the maids and butlers around. None of them knew about what really went on.
"What about you two?" She asked as a maid set a plate of eggs and pancakes in front of her. "Thank you," She muttered to her.
"Very well," Preston said as his own plate of food was set before him. He however showed no gratitude for it (her dad for those of you who don't know and then her mom is Priscilla I believe?).
Priscilla nodded. "Yes, very well," She told her.
Pacifica sat there as silence filled the room before she took up her knife and fork and began eating. Her mom and dad followed suit and the sounds of utensils against plates filled the gap between the three. Pacifica finished after a few minutes, having wanted to get out of there quickly as she could. She looked up once she finished. "May I be excused?" She asked.
"What's the hurry?" Priscilla asked trying to sound sweet.
"Nothing, I just didn't get much sleep last night and I was planning on going to town today," She said.
Preston nodded, "Very well, go on then."
She got up and grabbed her bag, smiling as she walked out the door. She decided to just walk today, which took longer than usual but eventually she was in town, walking down the streets (as opposed to riding a Moped LibertyWhitehead. Sorry, Inside joke). She looked in the window of a shop smiling at the display of cakes, admiring the small details that they somehow managed to make with just a bag and frosting, when she heard a voice behind her. "Fancy meeting you here," It said. She blushed but didn't turn from the cakes. "Hey Dipper," She said.
"Hey, what are doing in town today?" He asked, stepping up next to her.
"Just needed to get out of the house, you?" She asked, looking at him from the corner of her eye.
"Same I suppose, just walking around, thinking," He told her.
She looked back to the cakes, still blushing some. "Oh? What about?" She asked.
He smiled a bit. "The journal," He lied.
She nodded, still looking at the cakes. "Ah yes, I'm sure you were," She said, looking up at him a moment before turning around and continuing her walk down the street.
He walked quickly to catch up with her. "What do you think I was thinking about?" He asked, looking over at her.
She kept her eyes looking ahead. "Well, judging by the way you've been looking at me, I'd say the events of this morning, but how would I know?" She said.
"Now, why would I be thinking about that? It was just a kiss, not like it meant anything." He said, smiling some at that.
She blushed a bit brighter but just continued walking, Dipper by her side. He leaned over to her. "I will say it definitely felt like it meant something," He whispered.
She held back a smile, and turned to him. "I'll let you believe what you want," She whispered back and looked ahead again.
He stopped and stared at her a moment, before running over and walking backwards so he could face her. "Come on, don't do that to me Paz," He said, smiling a bit.
"What? I'm just saying you can think what you want about it," She told him.
He rolled his eyes and smiled, "Come on, really Pacifica?" He asked.
She smiled. "Really," She said and walked past him. "Now, I should be going."
He turned and watched her go, shaking his head a bit. He pulled out his phone and texted Mabel.
"Invite Pacifica over." He texted.
"Okay...? Hold on."
He waited a moment before getting another text.
"She's coming."
"Thanks I'll be home soon."
"Maybe like explain?"
"I'll see you soon Mabel." With that he smiled and headed back to the Shack.