Chapter One

Pacifica sat on her bed, tears streaming down her face as she heard an argument going on between her parents a couple rooms down the hall. She sat quietly on her bed, waiting for one of them to come to her and, as they called it, "relieve their anger". She figured it was because she reminded each of them a bit of the other and taking their anger out on her was better then accidentally hurting the other and risking the public seeing a bruise or something. Whereas with Pacifica they could make sure it wouldn't be seen. She flinched slightly when she heard a loud knock on the door and looked up as her dad walked in, holding out his hand to her an angry look on his face. She nodded slightly, looking down as she walked over, escorted out of her room, her safe place, towards a place of pain and hurt...

Dipper sat on the floor in the attic, laughing loudly with Mabel. "How did they even fall for that?" He asked, through the laughing.
"No idea," Mabel replied, as she slowly stopped laughing. "But it wasn't their finest moment." She finished. Dipper shook his head a bit, chuckling over the story.
"So," Mabel started slowly. "Did you ask Paz yet?" She asked Dipper, smiling widely.
Dipper blushed a bit and pursed his lips. "No, not yet. I'm trying to decide if I should or not..." He told her.
Mabel sighed. "Dipper, just ask her to go with you as a friend. If it ends up going well throughout the night you can actually ask her out." She said, leaning back against the wall.
"Yeah. That's a good idea..." He said, nodding. "I'll ask her next time I see her okay?" He asked.
Mabel smiled wider and nodded. "Okay." She told him and stood up. "I'm gonna get some food, want anything?" She asked.
"Uh, sure, just a Pitt Cola. I'm not that hungry," He said and flopped down on his bed, thinking about the prom coming up and groaned at the thought of having to ask a girl, specifically Pacifica.
"How did Mabel convince me to do this?" He asked himself.
Mabel practically jumped onto his bed, making him jump. "Because I can tell how much you like her," she answered him. "And you saw it as confirmation!" She said smiling.
Dipper rolled his eyes. "You should stop playing matchmaker and let people deal with crushes and such on their own." He said, laughing a bit.
"You wouldn't even have considered asking her if it hadn't been for me!" She said, smiling wider. "You should be thanking me."
Dipper laughed and laid back down. "I'll thank you if she says yes," he said as he closed his eyes.
"When says yes," Mabel corrected and walked downstairs to her own bedroom, to let him sleep. After a few minutes he fell asleep, smiling to himself. 'When she says yes.' He thought to himself before drifting off.