Chapter Two

Dipper walked down the halls of the school having already put his stuff in his locker and getting the books he would need. He was now walking towards Pacifica's locker and soon saw her standing by her locker in high waisted shorts and a crop top, a normal look for her recently. She reached up to put something in her locker causing a strip of stomach to show. Dipper noticed what looked like a bruise and furrowed his eyebrows, as he walked over and helped her put her books in her locker. Pacifica gave him a smile. "Thanks," She said.
"No problem," he replied. What happened to your side?" He asked her, pointing towards where he saw it.
Pacifica smiled faded a bit and shook her head. "It was nothing, just bumped into a table." She lied, knowing he would try to do something if knew the real reason. He stared at her a moment deciding whether or not he should pry and was about to say something before Pacifica cut him off. "I gotta get to class. I'll talk to you later." She said before turning around and walking to homeroom. Dipper sighed, knowing she was keeping something from him. He decided he'd figure it all out later and turned the opposite direction towards his own first class.

Pacifica ran a hand through her hair. 'Should've been more careful Paz..." She thought to herself, shaking her head lightly. 'Stupid...' She put her focus back on the class, trying to keep her mind off earlier and coming up with an excuse to tell Dipper. After what felt like forever, class ended and she quickly went to get her books for the next period, only to see Dipper waiting by her locker. She sighed and walked over. He saw her and quickly spoke before she could say anything. "This isn't about the bruise, though I'd like to say, I don't believe what you said," He told her. "I was wondering if you'd go to prom with me? Just as friends." He assured her.
Pacifica was a bit surprised by this. "Oh, um... Yeah, sure I guess," She said. "That will be a lot better than having to go with one of the jocks," she finished, laughing a bit.
Dipper smiled, "Great. Do you want me to come get you? Mabel and whoever she ends up going with will probably be driving with us," He told her. "If that's okay with you."
"Yeah totally! More the merrier," She said and got her books out. "We can talk more later." She told him and headed towards her next class. Dipper took a breath and smiled wider before heading to his next class.

The rest of the day went by fairly quickly and once school was over Dipper rushed home with Mabel telling her Pacifica's response on the way there. Mabel squealed as they walked into the Shack. "Really?" She asked and grinned when Dipper nodded. "What did I tell you?" She asked, playfully punching his arm.
"Yeah yeah... Thanks," He said smiling at her. "But it's just as friends so don't make a big deal about it."
Mabel nodded and sighed. "Fine..." She said before smiling again. "I'm so excited!" She said before rushing to her room to do homework and such. Dipper smiled and walked to the living room, sitting down and turning on the TV.

Pacifica sat on her bed, attempting to do homework but thinking about Dipper. "I shouldn't have said yes..." She mumbled to herself, knowing about his crush on her and having decided long ago that part of her liked him back. But of course that wouldn't work. People's expectations and her parents getting in the way of that and making it seem impossible. She shook her head, letting out a heavy breath. "Just making all the smart moves today huh?" She shoved her homework away and laid down on her bed."Idiot. Idiot," She said to herself before sitting back up and deciding to focus on homework again. This time actually being able to pay attention. Soon she finished and Dipper immediately filled her thoughts again. She sighed and moved under the covers, closing her eyes and trying to sleep. "Idiot..." She whispered before falling asleep after a few more minutes.

The rest of the week flew by with Mabel practically forcing Dipper and Pacifica to join her in planning out all their prom dresses and suits and things. Dipper often trying to get Pacifica to tell him and Pacifica continually telling him the same thing over and over, "No." After a little less than a month prom had arrived and Pacifica was getting ready at the Pine's house. Hair and make up finished, all she had now was the dress. She pulled at the zipper and groaned when she couldn't do it completely by herself. She sighed and walked out of the bathroom where she was getting ready, Dipper and Mabel in their rooms, she walked around to find someone for a minute before finding Dipper in the living room already dressed. She thought a moment about asking him, before smiling a bit at the thought of his reaction. She walked over behind where he was sitting on the couch, watching "Ghost Harrassers" and tapped his shoulder. "Can you help zip me up?" She asked.
He looked up at her. "Oh, uh, yeah sure," he said, standing up while Pacifica walked over in front him. Dipper started zipping her up, blushing lightly before noticing another bruise on her back, stopping a moment. He finished zipping up her dress and sat back down on the couch. "Bump into another table?" He asked as she sat down next to him.
She took a slow breath, having forgotten about the bruise on her back. She opened her mouth to say something before Dipper spoke up again. "Pacifica... please don't lie to me," He said.
She looked away. "Dipper, really it's nothing." She told him.
"So you just magically have bruises appear? Is that it?" He asked.
Pacifica still didn't look at him. "Dipper-"
"Do your parents do this?" He asked, cutting her off.
She didn't say anything just put her hands in her lap and looked down. After a moment she looked up at him. "Don't get into this Dipper. It isn't your problem to deal with," She told him, giving him a warning look.
He took a deep breath. "Fine, for now I won't do anything," He said. "But promise you'll tell me if you ever need anything or it gets worse."
Pacifica nodded. "I promise." She said.
Mabel ran into the living room. "LET'S GOOOO!" She screamed. "Gotta get Kyle!" She said pulling them off the couch before stopping a moment. "Was I interrupting something?" She asked, holding back a smile.
"No," Pacifica said and started towards the door.
Mabel raised an eyebrow at Dipper.
Dipper shook his head. "Don't ask," He said and followed Pacifica out to the car.