Arc 3: Chapter 20

Börja om från början

"I took care of him... The poor kid didn't make it." Luke closes his eyes and shakes his head.

Tears stream down my face.

"I don't want to loose anyone else!" I cry.

Luke doesn't say a word. He stares into the distance and continues to walk through the storm. The sun is going down.

"Just close your eyes." he says sadly.

I cry harder. He's gone. Carl's gone.

The memories of us play in my head like a movie. The first time it saw him, to the last time I saw him. He's gone. The memories will soon fade, until there's nothing left to remember of him.

His fluffy hair, his kind eyes. All gone. My heart ached.

-

It was dark. I almost couldn't see ahead of us. I'm still in Luke's arms, he walks slowly. There so much snow and wind. It hurts my face when it hits.

"Luke, let me down. I can walk." I say.

He sets me down and I walk with him. I carry AJ keeping him as close to my body as possible for warmth.

"How long have we been walking?" I shiver.

"A-about two hours. The snow wasn't this h-heavy before." he says.

We walk and walk. Minutes feel like hours.

"I don't know if I can go further. I'm really tired." I say weakly.

"This is exactly why I didn't want us to leave!" Luke says upset.

I keep quiet and keep walking.

Something suddenly alerts us. There's screaming and gun shots in the distance.

Luke and I both look at each other hesitantly for a moment.

"If it sounds like the shots get closer, we run."

I nod my head.

We continue to hear gunshots, then twigs breaking in the woods near us heading our way.

I look at Luke.

"Run."

We both run as fast as we can trying to find an opening out of this forrest.

Someone comes running out of the woods knocking Luke and the person to the ground.

Luke points his pun at the person. It looks like a woman.

"Don't move." he commands.

The woman stays on the ground. She has brown hair, some pulled back and some hanging out in her face.

"Who are you?" Luke asks sharply.

"I could ask you the same thing." her voice rings in my head sending memories of back then.

"CHRISTA!!" I shout and run up to her.

"Clemen-" she's cut off and tackled by my hug.