Chapter 14

Annabelle's POV

There's a lot of things that happened after I left Missouri. My aunt told me I'd mostly be alone, she has to take care of both businesses.

I know she feels bad about it, but I understand that she has to take care of the business. I just wish her house is smaller, it's like a mansion, an empty one.

A week before I would return to school, Aunt Kat asked if I wanted to take my moms and her last name.

Long story short, I did.

I guess it's like I really never had a father.

Now I'm Annabelle Forte, daughter of founders of Forte Industries.

But anyways, My first day of school was interesting.

"Annabelle Forte?" I raised my hand after the teacher called me. I automatically look back down.

I keep to myself the whole day, following my small list of rules.

1. No talking.
2. No one messes with you.

I only have three classes, the only ones necessary for me to graduate. The rest of the day is pretty much free.

"Nice to see you again, Abigail."

I'm quickly broken out of my thoughts. That name. I look up and she easily catches my eyes.

"Likewise, Mr. Zimmerman."

Then her ocean blue eyes catch my icy blue ones. We lock eyes and she seems to be conflicted in some way. Her voice. It sounds so familiar.

Her group of friends laugh, and she snaps out of her thoughts, and laughs along. Even though I know she has no idea what they said.

It's the end of my last period. And a boy bumps my shoulder, clearly on purpose.

"Oh sorry," he says smirking, "Didn't see you,"

I just smirk and chuckle, walking away, making sure to bump his shoulder roughly.

People are staring now, and I just continue to walk, ignoring their gaze.

"Yeah, walk away bitch." I hear him exclaim.

I turn around, flip him off, and walk away, this time ignoring the gasps and his calls.

I decide to go to the library and read until the school day ends.

I walk to my motorcycle putting on my helmet, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around to see a girl about my age.

"Uh hey, Annabelle, right?" She says, rubbing the back of her neck.

I nod. "Um my names Alexxandra, and me and my group saw how you blew off Zack, we thought that was pretty cool of you."

I nod again.

She chuckles, "You don't talk much do you?"

I shake my head.

She smiles and continues. "Look lemme get to the point, you seem chill and our type of friend, what's the harm in meeting new people, right"

I just stare at her waiting for her to get to the damn point.

"Do you wanna go blaze with us?"