Chapter 3

Annabelle's POV

I wake up to a raw feeling on my back. Well looks like he did a number today.

I carefully lift myself from my bed, I still haven't put a shirt on. I walk to the bathroom and go under my sink to look for my pain killers. I just swallow 2, I don't need water to swallow them, I find swallowing pills pretty easy.

I turn around and look at the fresh wounds on my back, dried blood all over my back, covering the scars that were already there.

My dad beats me, he used to only slap me, punch me, kick me, but since I was 9 he started getting worse. that's when he would beat me so bad my back would start to bleed. Now my back is covered in scars. I deserve it, after what I did, I don't even deserve to live.

I turn on the shower to cold water, so that it could hopefully numb my back. I strip from the rest of my clothes and jump in. It is fucking cold, but I guess that's a good thing. I look at the floor of the shower and see the water turning a light shade of pink. I quickly shower, trying to forget the immense pain that my back is in. Eight years and I'm still not used to this.

I turn off the shower and grab my towel. being extra careful when drying my back. I put on my undergarments and get the tools to clean up my back.

It stings so bad whenever I press the cloth on my back, trying to clean the wounds with alcohol. I bite my lip to keep from crying out.

I refuse to cry, not for this, not for what I deserve.

Once I'm done addressing to all my wounds and bruises I put on a lose sweatshirt and head to bed.

It's only 7:32, I guess no dinner today, well at least I had an apple this morning.

Oh shit!

Me and Abby we're going to message today.

I carefully grab my laptop and sit down on my bed. I see two messages from her sent about two hours ago.

'Hey Anna, it's Abby :)'

Another message from her.

'Sorry if it's a bad time, just shoot me a message when ya can'

I start typing, 'Hey Abby, sorry, I had to deal with some stuff'

A few minutes later...

DING

'Wanna talk about it?'

'Nah, I'm good, let's do something else' I type back, at least she cares.

DING

'Wanna play 20 questions?'

'Sure' I reply back swiftly.

DING

'How old are you?'

'17, wbu?' I ask.

DING

'I'm seventeen too, um... What color eyes do you have?'

'Blue, what grade you in?'

DING

'I'm in 11th , only a couple more years, you're in 12th right?'

'Yup, you got any plans for the future?'

DING

'Not really, but I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up,'

'That was just plain amazing, tbh very good job,'

DING

'Thanks, I try.'

'Umm, what do you do on your free time?'

DING

'I like to listen to music a lot, reading, sometimes a walk on the beach is nice, wbu?'

'I like to listen to music and read too, I like photography, I'm on my laptop a lot too.'

DING

'Well may I say you have a beautiful personality, I don't doubt for one minute you're beautiful on the outside too.'

I can feel a small blush make its way up to my face, was she flirting or something? Nah, just a friendly compliment, she doesn't know how wrong she is.

'Haha thanks, but not really. but it's a fact that you're probably as gorgeous as an angel." I type back.

DING

"Well maybe one day you'll find out ;)."

I roll over onto my back for a little. oh shit, I forgot about my back. I quickly roll over back onto my stomach.

Fuck fuck fuck, how could I forget, damn this hurts like a bitch.

I should say goodbye to Abby... It's 11:43 anyways.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to sleep, talk to you tomorrow."

DING

"That sounds good, goodnight Anna."

"Goodnight Abby."

I close my laptop and get up, it feels like one of my scabs opened.

I turn on the light and look in the mirror. Great, I have a visible bruise on my cheek and hand marks on my neck where he held my throat, not to mention the cuts the bitch squad gave me.

With a sigh I take off my sweatshirt and turn around. Yup, a few opened. I guess I will have to put bandages on these. I get bandages from under the sink and wrap them around my body making sure to cover my back.

I put my sweatshirt back on and head to bed. Great, another night where I have to sleep on my stomach. oh well.

I lay on my stomach and gently pull the covers over me, drifting off into a painful sleep.

That's chapter 3, hope it's coming out well, comments and votes are greatly appreciated, please comment if you have the chance.
-Andrea