Chapter 12

Annabelle's POV

My Aunt gave me a few hours to be in the house alone. Im glad she did, it would have been overwhelming with her here.

I walk into my room, gliding my hand over the dark comforter. I lay down on the bed, the soft bed feels  so strange now. I get up and lay down on the floor instead, this feels so much more familiar. 

I shouldn't be missing my father, what would I be missing? The beatings? The hatred? Being treated like a piece  of shit that's worth nothing?

Because that's what you are.

I get up and run a hand through my hair. I walk to the door that leads to my fathers bedroom. My hands on the door nob, but I just can't find the courage to open the door. Father would be so mad if I ever went into his room, he would beat me so bad, he would be so disappointed.

Father isn't here anymore!

I slam my fist on the door in anger.  He's dead, it shouldn't matter, he can't do a fucking thing anymore.

I swing the door open. My expression softening once I see how he left it.

I'm surprised. It's the exact opposite than I expected. The room is not even that dirty, just the heavy stench of alcohol and a pile of different alcohol bottles in the corner.

Its as if my mom still lives here, her makeup products, accessories, jewelry. On her nightstand, a book, and a ring, a wedding ring. I go over and pick it up. It's a silver band and in the middle stands an infinity sign with a small square diamond in the middle. Beautiful. I examine the inside, surprised to see something engraved.

To the love of my life, my Angel.

I chuckle at the end of it. Looks like me and my father both have an angel. My angel, how I miss her. Its been a week since I've been released from the hospital. I saw that she messaged me, worried obviously, but I didn't reply, and I won't anymore. She's too good for me, even if were not really together. I know It's selfish to leave her like that, with no explanation. Like nothing. But it feels even more selfish to continue acting like everything's fine, I don't even deserve to talk to her. My father proved that. I haven't spoke with her since that day, the last time i spoke to my angel.

Please forgive me, te quiero papá.

Here's the rule bitch! no talking, ever, you fucking bitch!

I rub my neck soothingly, it's like I can feel his rough hands around my throat again.

I shake those thoughts out of my head. I look in the drawers for a box, i find a black velvet box and put the ring in it, putting the small box in my pocket. I go grab a box that my aunt left in the hallway and bring it in the room, setting it on the bed. I look at the book thats on the night stand Catcher in Rye. I pick it up and gently put it in the box.

I walk over to my fathers nightstand.  He has a half-empty bottle of Torres tequila and two photos. I pick up the photo and examine it. My mother is in a beautiful, flowing, white wedding dress and my father is in a traditional black and white tux. They're kissing at the alter, literally. this was probably when they already said their vows, I put down that picture and pick up the next.

My mother and father stand next each other, my fathers arm wrapped around my moms waist. They're both laughing, big smiles in their faces... They look so happy. i can't believe i ruined this. I put the pictures in the box.

I unscrew the glass bottle, not even thinking twice before taking a gulp of the bitter liquid. I feel the liquid course through my body, leaving a warm feeling. I take another drink and stand up.