Chapter 9

Annabelle's POV

I remember when Father made the rule.

Don't speak unless spoken to.

It's been a while since he made that rule, a few months I think, with the same horrible things happening every day you lose track track of time.

I walk through the school hallways, my hoodie up, I can't even look up at anyone because me face is bruised and beat up.

I feel my phone vibrate, a message from her.

'Have a nice day, beautiful.'

I can't help but smile at that, she's the only person that can make me smile. it's so frustrating having feelings for her, she's not even here, who knows where she is.

'Stay safe, angel.' I type. Angel, it suites her perfectly.

I put my phone in my pocket and walk to the tree I always sit at during lunch. no one is every here.

I sit down and lean back, enjoying the shade. I out my headphones and put my playlist in shuffle.

No one comes here anyways, I take the hood off of my head.

I feel someone touch my shoulder lightly. I look up and see Jennifer, I quickly stand up and put my hoodie back on.

I take off my headphones.

"Annabelle," I hear her say softly.

I slowly turn around to her, I don't know why but I do.

She comes close to me, she lifts her hands. I automatically flinch. Jennifer gives me a sad smile and gently takes off my hood.

She puts her hand over her mouth, as if she's actually gives a shit.

I feel her hand touch my cheek gently, I flinch at her touch.

"I don't want to hurt you, Annabelle,"

She hands me my book sack and motions for me to follow her. she leads me to a room I've never been in before.

Oh shit, why did I follow her, there finally are fulfilling their dreams to kill me. Well maybe that's not such a bad thing...

"Sit," she commands, I raise my eyebrow looking at her, she sighs,"Please,"

I sit at the chair that's in the room, Jennifer goes to a different part of the room. I look around, this place looks like no one has been here in ages. it still has countertops and a bed like thing in the middle.

She comes to me with... a first aid kit?

She takes out a cotton swab and some type of liquid and puts the liquid on the swab.

"Stay still," she says, her voice still soft. She dabs the cotton swab on my very bruised and split cheek.

"Why aren't you talking?" Jennifer asks me. I shouldn't speak, I'm not supposed to.

"What happened to you, Annabelle?"

"I just... I'm not supposed to talk, it's a rule," I state firmly.

She looks at me, wondering what I meant by rule."Some rules are just meant to be broken, Annabelle," Jennifer says to me.

"Why are you doing this?" I question her kindness.

She stops cleaning my wounds and looks at me, she gives me a hard stare.

"I honestly don't know," she says quietly.

The rest of the time is silent, Jennifer patches up the wounds on my face.

"You could get into trouble for missing the last two classes," I tell her.

"This is more important," she tells me, my eyebrows furrow in confusion, I don't get it.

"Why would the emo, dyke, nerd, idiot, bitch, etc., be more important?" I ask her.

She breathes in a heavy sigh.

"I don't know," she answers.

This girl is confusing.

She finishes in silence, neither of us speaking.

"Well that's it," Jennifer states. she starts to turn around.

"I uh, thank you," I tell her.

She turns around, and gives me a small smile, she was about to say something before Chase comes around the corner.

He slings his muscular arm over her shoulder,"Why you talking to the emo bitch, babe?"

"I uh, was just telling this dyke to stay away from me," for a split second I see her give me an apologetic look, before going back to her bitchy smirk.

I can't help but chuckle at this, how typical.

"I'll give you something to laugh at," Chase tells me, he starts to come at me but Jennifer reaches over for him.

"Chase let's just go already,"

She gives me a stern look, I just turn around a walk towards the exit.

*****

As usual, I'm in the concrete closet, this floor feels more like bed now, honestly. He thinks I told someone what he does after looking at how my face was cleaned and patched up. In return he made my face look worse than before and threw me in here again.

I'm messaging Abby while I can.

'Do you ever think we'll meet each other, in person I mean?' I ask her.

DING

'I'll go to Missouri if I have to, we'll meet each other one day...'

I doubt she would like me once she saw me.

'I doubt you would even like me once you saw me.'

DING

'You're right.' She sends.

I knew it.

DING

'I would probably love you.'

Did she just... Probably meant in a friendship kind of way.

'You can't love a person like me, it's literally impossible.'

My dad has definitely proven that.

'How can someone not love a person like you?'

Because I'm just a stupid, emo, dyke that doesn't deserve love. I mean I killed my mother after all. but I won't tell her that.

'Many reasons.'

DING

'They're stupid to not to appreciate someone like you, Anna.'

'You're really an angel, Abby.'

She's like my angel.

She's what's keeping me living in this fucked up world.

*********************************

What do you guys think about Jennifer?

Vote🙌
And
Comment🙏