Chapter 8

Anabelles POV

I hear my alarm go off, i groggily turn it off. Why am I so damn tired, oh yeah... I was up all night talking to Abby, it was so worth it.

I get up and quickly dress in a simple hoodie and jeans. I brush my teeth and leave my room.

I grab my phone, helmet and book sack. I put on my helmet and hope on my motorcycle. I'm early and fucking hungry so I'm definetly going to eat today.

I park my motorcycle at McDonald's and take off my helmet.

I order a black coffee and two McBiscuits.

I grab my order and take a seat at a booth. Some people find it nasty but I find it delicious to put put strawberry jam in my McBiscuits.

After finishing my delicious breakfast I put on my helmet and head to school.

I take off my helmet, get my things and head inside.

I hear a voice behind me."Miss Mendez!"

"Can I help you, Mr. Cabello?"

"Why have you been missing school lately?" He starts,"And on an occasional basis."

I bite my lip,"I've uh been getting sick quite a bit, I have a weak immune system so uh yeah..." I say hoping he'll buy it.

"Hm... well you still have straight A's, but I can tell you're struggling to keep it that way, just check in with your teachers," he tells me.

I just nod. I'm about to turn around and I feel a hand go on my shoulder.

"You're a good girl, Annabelle, stay that way," he says handing me a tardy pass.

I walk to my class, I feel all eyes on me while I enter and hand the Mrs. Peterson the slip.

I go take a seat at my desk and look out the window. My mind leads me to think of one person, Abby. How she seems to make everything better by just talking to me. But if she knew everything about me I doubt she'd even want to talk to me.

I like her though, a lot actually. but I doubt she likes me, I doubt that she likes girls at all.

I hear the bell go off, wow, I guess I was really lost tin thought.

I go up to Mrs. Peterson's desk. "Can I have the work I missed while I was gone, please," I ask.

With a sigh she goes to several folders and pulls out papers. "Here you go, you have two days to complete them," I nod,"You know Annabelle... If you're sick and you're going to be out for a few days you can email me so you don't get behind on your work. you've always been a good student but you're falling behind. I'd hate to see a smart girl like you struggle,"

I thank her for the work and offer. maybe I can do that sometime.

****

All the teachers have literally been saying the same thing, Maybe they think I have a disease or something.

I'm walking to my motorcycle right now, schools finally over for the day.

I feel someone push me to the ground. I look up and see Jennifer, great.

Before I know it she picks me up by and shoves me roughly.

I snap,"What did I do to you, Jennifer!" I ask Shoving her back.

"Tell me why you hate me!" She doesn't respond.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I continue to yell at her. I feel another stinging pain on my cheek.

Shes just staring at me, I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable under her gaze. It's different from all our other encounters, it looks like she's looking for something that isn't here.

Before I can say anything she grabs my waist and brings me close to her. She cups my cheek and starts to lean in, I'm too shocked to move. Just before our lips could touch i push her away.

"What the fuck!" I shout.

She looks at me with a panicked expression."You wanted me to kiss you, dyke," she attempts to justify her actions.

This girl is fucking unbelievable, I have to keep myself from slapping the shit out of her.

I quickly get my things together and put on my helmet and ride to the grocery store.

****

I set my helmet down and put away the groceries. I see my father walk in the kitchen.

"Did you bring me anything?" He asks, he slurs a bit so he's probably already had a little bit too much to drink.

"There's plenty of food" I respond.

"Just food?"

I sigh,"Yes father, only food,"

"You're such a selfish kid," he says

"I wouldn't have been able to get alcohol even if I tried, father,"

"With your looks you could've easily asked some guy to do it," he says smugly.

"I'd prefer to give you anything, you can drink, but I won't be the one giving you alcohol," I say seriously.

He grabs ahold of my hair.

"Watch the way you're talking to me, if I tell you to get me alcohol you'll do it,"

I just nod and e let's go of my hair.

He grabs my arm roughly and starts walking. Great. He opens the door to the cold, concrete closet. He throws me in.

"I'm going to tell you one thing, you're going to follow this rule, not just for me, with everyone. You may not speak unless spoken to, niña tonta!"

"Si, señor," I respond.

He slaps me. "it wasn't a question, it was a command. Don't speak unless spoken to!" I nod looking down.

He slams the door, leaving me alone in this dark, cold closet.
****

There you go, two chapters in a row, hope you enjoyed them, I'll update soon.

Comment and vote 🙌