Chapter 7

Annabelle's POV

3 months later

I see the door open, my father standing in the doorway.

"Get your ass out," he says, I try to get up, but I can't find the strength."unless you want to stay here another day,"

I grip the wall for strength and weakly get out, trying to avoid him in the process.

Thank god he leaves me alone.

He left me in there for about 2 and a half days, including nights. No water, no food, no light, he makes sure to take everything away from me, including my phone, I can't even talk to Abby.

Abby, I can't help but smile while thinking of her. she's what's been keeping me going. we've gotten so much closer. It's like we've known each other for forever. I have feelings for her...

It took me months to admit it, but I do. I like Abby, and like her more than a friend should. I don't even care that she's a girl, I like her for her.

Even though Abby has helped me these pass months it's been rough.

My dad beats me more than he used to, every day or at least when he lets me out of the closet.. he puts me in the concrete closet whenever he just feels like it.

I've been missing school occasionally now, he can't send me to school looking like I just got hit by a bus. I try to keep up with my studies but it's kind of hard when you someone beating you when you come home or locking you in a dark closet.

My aunt sent me money, i bought strong painkillers and new meds to treat my wounds. Hopefully I can buy some food later.

I struggle to get to my room, as soon as I get there I grab the water bottle that's on my nightstand, pop the top and drink. I feel the cool liquid travel down my throat, soothing it, it gets pretty dry after a few days.

I throw the bottle away in the trash can and carefully sit down on the bed. my father did a number on me today, I'll have new scars to add to my collection, definetly.

I grab my phone and see if I have messages.

I have about 6 messages from abby, she's been worried about me lately, I haven't been messaging her as much, alike at all. I feel guilt course through me as i read her last message.

'Sorry if I'm bugging you, just message me to let me know that you're okay and I'll leave you alone.'

I start typing,'I'm all good, just a little issue that took up a whole lot of time.'

I bite my bottom lip, I always lie to her. I hate having to. but what am I going to say, 'oh my dad beats me and I couldn't talk because he locked me in a concrete closet for over two days.' Yeah no.

I go into the drawer next to me and take out the pain meds. I bought these especially because they can be taken without food. I swallow two dry and but the bottle away.

DING

'It's fine, I'm just glad to hear you're okay.' After everything she is still so sweet.

'I'll talk to you right after I take a shower, that okay babe?'

DING

'Yeah, of course, you don't need to ask :P'

'lol brb.'

I get up from the bed and carefully make my way into the bathroom. I turn on the water to and start to strip from my clothes. I get into the shower trying to ignore the pain. the pills will take affect soon enough.

I wash my raven colored hair thoroughly and then carefully proceed to wash my body.

It feels good to be clean.

I turn off the shower and wrap the towel around my body. I look into the mirror and curiosity gets the best of me, I drop the towel.

I can clearly see my ribs, what happened to me... Who is this person? This can't be me. This skeletal, pale, bruised girl cannot be me. but she is, not matter how much I don't want to accept it, this Is me.

I get my razor from my drawer, I've been cutting almost every chance I get for months, the inside and top of my thighs are covered in scars.

I hold out my wrist and cut in... I watch the crimson red liquid ooze out of my wrist, I do a total of 4 cuts today. All on my wrist, there's a first time for everything.

I quickly wipe my wrist down and head to my room.

'Hey.' I text her.

DING

'Hey beautiful.'

I feel a blush make its way to my face, butterflies already let loose in my stomach.

'If anyone's beautiful it's you, Angel.' I reply to her message.

DING

'That's so sweet, but there's a reason why I called you beautiful.'

'You don't even know how I look.'

DING

' I don't need to see you to know how beautiful you are, inside and out.'

I sit on my bed and lay on my stomach. i put my head in my pillow in attempt to control the blush that's on my face.

'What are you doing to me, Angel?' I type.

'The real question is what are you doing to me, beautiful.'

She's the brightest light in my dark, fucked up world.

****