Chapter 19

Jack

They say that your instincts are usually correct, but I never believed anything they said. But today, I wish I would have.

Zack slammed the door, claiming he was going for a run. I plopped down on the couch, letting a few tears out. Thoughts started running through my mind about if Zack leaves me. I'm a hopeless case without the love of my life.

I stood up, wiped my tears a bit, and made my way to the bunks. "Lex." I got out with only one voice crack. He whipped his curtain open quickly and looked at me. "Jack, whats wrong?" He asked, sincere apology laced in his eyes. "Zack's gonna leave me. I know it. God, I'm fucking pathetic." I mumbled under my breath as Lex climbed out of his bunk and joined me in mine. "Jack, being single isn't that bad." Lex tried to comfort me, letting his hand sit innocently around my waist. "It is when I'll have to see the love of my life everyday. And the fans want us together. It'll be bad." I said, letting the tears flow freely now. I leaned my head on his chest.

"Everything's gonna be okay Jay. I'm not going to let you get hurt again." He rubbed circles on my back gently, knowing how to make me stop crying.

Once the tears stopped, I leaned up and gave him a goofy smile. "You know, I think the fans like you more than they like me. Because of that smile." He said, smiling a small smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "No Lex. You're always going to be the fans' favorite. You relate to them." He shrugged his shoulders. "We're their favorites. They want us together more than anything else." I smiled a bit, feeling relaxed with my best friend.

"I bet I can make you forget about Jack for a minute." Lex said, practically daring me to say yes. "Fine. Do it." I said, before I could even smirk at him, he was leaning in, eyes closed. It was a blissful kiss at first. Then it began getting a bit steamy. He was starting to lean over on top of me when his phone rang.

"Flyzik?" His eyebrows came together in confusion. "Answer it!" I said quickly. "Hello?" He said into his phone. I couldn't hear Flyzik's side of the conversation, but Alex's sounded broken up. "Yeah." "Oh shit." "Five minutes?" "How bad?" "Fuuuuuck." "Okay yeah I'll get them ready. See you there."

He hit the red button on his iPhone, ending the call. "We gotta wake Rian up." He looked at me. "Why?" I asked, confusion running deep into my veins. "Just do it, please. It's important." I sighed and hopped out of my bunk, getting to Rian's bunk and opening it up, "Ry" I said, holding it out. "Wake up! We have places to be!" He stirred in his sleep before his eyes popped open. "Good morning. Let me put shorts on and I'll be right behind you three."

I didn't have the heart to correct him so I just went to the front couch and sat next to Lex. "Rian doesn't know Zack isn't out here." I gave Alex a heads up as Rian came from the bathroom. "I had the strangest dream, that Jack and Zack were fighting and then Zack got hit by a car and died and then you guys got together." Rian said, sluggishly running his hands through his short hair.

The cab arrived and we all piled into the backseat. We were halfway to our destination before Rian spoke up, "Where's Zack?" I swallowed and looked at Alex. "We're going to visit him. He's at the hospital." Worry ran through my veins, and infected my brain and eyes and every part of me was completely and utterly terrified for Zack. And for myself.

We pulled in front of the hospital and Alex opened his door and we all piled out of the car. We got to the front desk, where Flyzik met us.

"He was running like he normally does and a car hit him. They're trying to identify who did it   It doesn't look good. He's not waking up. They did surgery already. A lot of damage. He's out cold. No signs of waking up. At all. We'll be lucky if he wakes before the end of Warped." Matt said, before directing his attention to me. "I'm sorry Jack, I know this must be especially hard for you." He looked at all of us, "You guys can make tweets about this to notify the fans if you desire. I'm sorry. I have to talk to a few correspondents from Hopeless and Alternative Press to set some stuff up. Rian, can you call his parents and let them know? Again, you guys, I'm so sorry."

Rian walked to the bathroom to call Zack's parents after Matt left. It was just Alex and I in the waiting room then, waiting. "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have hit on you. He wouldn't be going through this had I not kissed you." Alex said, making himself feel guilty. "You did WHAT!?" Rian half shouted from behind us. "I'm sorry." I said. "Zack and I got into a fight and Alex said he could make me forget about missing Zack. And God, he did."