Chapter Fouteen

Zack

These past two days have been extraordinary, and the shows are even better. I've been able to openly do stuff with Jack on stage, and privately, oh god. Sneaking through the crowds of people to find private time with Jack that's not on the bus is the most stressful thing about this, but holy shit is it worth it.

At 2 A.M., the whole bus was asleep but me. I was in the lounge area watching Home Alone with Jack, his head was in the crook of my neck and fast asleep. The only light was coming from the tv, but it was good enough for a picture. "This is the most cliché thing I've done yet" I thought. Quickly, I nonchalantly snapped a picture of us, for my sake at the moment, anyway. Then, I set it as my phone wallpaper. "Okay, this is the most cliche thing" But I don't care.

"@zackalltimelow: I don't ever think I've seen him sleep through Home Alone..."
And the photo attached, with that, I turned the tv off and carried Jack to his bunk.

The next morning I woke up to yelling throughout the bus. I heard Jack and Flyzik shouting back and forth at each other, and Rian and Lex trying to break it up, but it wasn't working. The second I hopped out of my bunk, all eyes were on me.

"What?" I asked, my voice was timid. Jack ran up to me and pulled me into a tight hug. Flyzik scoffed. "It's Selena..." he whispered. My eyes widened and the grip on him became tighter.

"What'd she do?" I asked when he pulled away. When he did, Jack ran into the back lounge without another word.

"He's over reacting!" Flyzik shouted, and Alex snapped back, "No, he's not! He has every damn right to be pissed!"

"Oh, come on. I understand he's upset but it's only a tweet that there's a one in a million chance it's about him and Zack!" Shit. "Okay!" I silenced the commotion, somewhat. "What. The. Hell. Happened." Ri pulled out his phone and showed me a tweet from five hours ago.

"@SelenaJackson89: If you take her eyes she will be blind, but if you take her heart she will be empty. #tbt"

With a photo of her and Jack at the party where they met. My heart felt like it was going to implode on itself. What the fuck does she think she's doing?

I sprinted to the back and gave Jack the biggest hug and kiss I possibly could. "I love you. I love you so much and you're mine and all mine. She's just trying to cause drama that has no need to happen. Just don't say anything to her or about her and we'll just pray she goes away."

I picked up Jack and sat him on the circular couch, me slipping behind him. I just held him and it felt like we stayed that was for hours.

From the time before the show starting to the show, Lex took Jack out for ice cream and I asked Ri if he would do something slightly athletic with me to burn off steam. He gladly agreed.

When the show started, things with Jack were a little tense. He tried to stay on his own and not go anywhere near Alex and I, so I decided to mess with Ri and take away one of his drum sticks during my rests in Weightless. As the show went on, Jack got a little comfortable with sort of messing with Alex and doing our jumps, but for the sake of his mental stability that day, we didn't kiss on stage.

As soon as the show was over, I grabbed his hand and laced his fingers with mine and I held our hands high. When we were backstage, he let loose and jumped into my arms and I kissed him then, hard and long. But when we let go, the devil herself was standing in front of us. Miss Selena Jackson herself.