"Aww? Is she?" Mira said, talking to herself. "Seriously?" Lucy said, finishing her drink. "No..." she said before putting her glass down. "Don't get any ideas."

She stood up and walked straight to the door. She didn't look at anyone, thought everyone's eyes were glued to her. "What's her problem?" Lisanna asked. "Maybe I should follow her!" Natsu said, thinking she would let go of him.

"Sure. If you can break free from my hug of looove~" She said, hugging him more tightly. "LISANNA!?" He said making everyone laugh once more.

"Oh dear." Mira said before taking the glass Lucy drank on. Suddenly, she jumped back. She was shocked.

Beside her glass was a deep red rose.

~~---~~

Lucy sat near the edge of a cliff. A cliff near a bed of roses. The same that she admired. She took the nearest rock she can find, and threw it as far as she can. Her throw was so strong and fast, that it flew into a place out of her sight.

She sighed.

Behind a tree, Salamander watched her. Oh how he wished to jump out to surprise her, making her yelp in shock. But she would only yell at him if she did.

"She probably needs some time alone." he said. He was about to walk away. "But what if she needs someone to talk to?" he asked himself. 'That would be perfect!' he said to himself. He was about to walk to her, until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Kya--" a hand covered his mouth. "Geez Natsu! Don't scream, or she'll hear you." Mirajane said, releasing his mouth.

"What are you doing here?" Natsu asked. Mira smiled. "I would like to ask you the same question".

"I'm here to check on Lucy!" he almost yelled. "No can do! We should leave her alone!" Mira said, dragging the dragon slayer away.

"Why not? What if she needs someone to talk to?" Mira took something from her pocket. The deep red rose.

"What's this?" he asked. "Silly, it's a rose." Mira mocked. Mira handed him the rose. She carefully gave it to the fire dragon slayer or he would be pricked by the thorns.

"What does this have to do with Lucy?" he asked. "In flower language, A deep red rose represents shame. It also represents regret and sorrow." Mira added. Natsu looked at the rose weirdly.

"I don't get it." he said, handing it back to her. "You should let her be. She would want anyone but you right now." Mira said, putting her hand on his shoulder. Natsu's eyes suddenly widened.

"Mira! Look!" he said pointing at the flower. Mira suddenly let go of the rose as it wilted in her hands. It wilted until it faded to dusts. SO did the flowers in the bushes around them.

"I know you two are there..." they heard someone say. They peaked at Lucy finding her nowhere. They looked back, almost screaming as Lucy appeared behind them.

Her she had a very dark aura around her. It's like she wasn't herself. 

"Luce?" Natsu said. "I couldn't help but listen to you two." she said.

"Deep Red Roses conveys deep emotions. As it dies, it's meaning becomes darker. They now represent hate. To add, their meanings differ by philosophy. But my favorite, as lovely a red, or even a deep red rose can be, it's thorns represent reality and pain. Which is why a deep red rose with thorns are my flower of choice." she said.

The two mages were stunned. "Why do you people need to know so much about some dumb flower?" Natsu bluntly asked.

"Ohohoho. Be careful what you say Salamander, or this dumb flower can prick you harder than you expected." Lucy said. Natsu laughed. "Then I'll burn it into dust!" he said confidently.