Chapter 31: Dont Disappoint Me

I can't help but feel like something is about to go wrong. The luminous night sky is casting a glow into the quiet night. The only sounds I hear are Theo's soft snores and his steady slow heart. This is more than comfortable. One of his arms is lazily draped across my stomach and the other hooks behind my head like a muscular pillow. I breathe in his smell of pine that is ever lingering.

Something is wrong. I don't know what. Aside from my own personal drama and that of Scott and Stiles, we've fared well. No doctors. Like they're ignoring us. Or planning against us...

I don't want to... But I will kill my father. I will have to. I don't see much of a choice. Even if he and the others left all of us alone.. What am I supposed to do? Allow time to move and become another town's problem? That's selfish of me and plus I have lost all love for my father. He is a monster.

Theo's snores stopped and he released a tired groan.
"You're awake" he practically hummed with his deep and sleepy voice.

"Go to sleep." I whispered and rubbed his back. He sighed and kissed my collarbone.

"Okay... You too." His eyes never opened and his lips barely moved. Gosh Theo is so flawless.

I just laid there and felt him slip back into his much needed sleep. I crept out of bed. I grabbed the jar he'd filled with his color coded notes. I snatched two purple: all his hopes for us.

I slipped out of the apartment. In the first floor there was a music room. Assorted instruments that were rather cast aside. I spent my time secretly practicing the piano in the corner. A beautiful baby grand. The couple owner gave me a key to play whenever I pleased. I left the door cracked to let in some fresh air in the dusty room.

I opened one purple note.

You & me against the world

The other said:

To be with you Forever

Forever... Still didn't seem like enough. I began to play. A song I'd been writing. It's developed a lot and it's about Theo. I'm way too embarrassed to ever play it for him though. Music is such a close thing to my heart. What if he doesn't like it?

I began to play and hum along where the lyrics are quietly. The high tinklings of the high keys and warmth of the deeper ones made me smile. I wish I was confident enough to share it with him. A symbol crashed and I stood and spun around. My skin began to spark ready for a fight.

Theo... Big shocker. This kid just needs a siren when he gets close.

"What are you playing?" His voice was still sleepy.

"I-uh well I just- w-wrote a song."

"Don't be shy. I like it. May I hear the whole thing?" He encouraged with puppy eyes.

"Yeah." I said quietly. I breathed out and began again

A promise of forever
Is not enough time
I need at lease an eternity
Of you here with me

Because what am I going to do
Without you?
When the world is dragging us down
I kept my head up in clouds

But you said

(Chorus)

Just keep your eyes on me
I promise to never leave
Be by your side
When we see the morning light
Together we can face another fight
Baby you & I

I played the last chord and realized he was sitting by me on the bench.

"Was that- is it- did you-."

"I wrote it about you..." I finished. His eyes shone. He gingerly took my face and kissed me.

"You're so perfect and I don't deserve you." He blurted the moment his lips parted from mine. I shook my head.

"Not true. Even if it was it doesn't matter because you're what I want."

I could see him getting emotional. He just wrapped me up again and kissed me forehead. "I love you. I love you so much. Thank you." His voice broke.

I kissed his neck unable to reach his cheek under his embrace.

"I love you more wolf boy."

"Not possible." He countered. And I smiled.

It was getting to be morning. So we left and I locked up behind me.

A sudden hand was around my throat and I gasped. I could breathe but I couldn't move. I began to spark and a clicking voice said."don't think about it."

I growled. Where's Theo?" Another doctor had him by the hair and was pointing a needle at his neck.

"Don't." Was all I could say.

"We won't. But you, our glorious success, need some training."

"What?" I snapped.

"You thought we'd given you free will to do as you please with your strength? No no. Let us will teach what they are really for and we will see your friend free."

I was silent.

"Don't worry. We will have you visit every day and 4:00-6:00 by the Nematod so your fiends won't know. If you fail to comply they will be killed. I expect to see you tomorrow." My father shoved me away and he and the other doctor began to leave.

"Don't disappoint me daughter." He hummed dangerously. "That will get them killed as well."