Chapter 10: Jersey

Theo POV

Fingers locked, I walked with Piper, into the school doors. Eyes raked over us but I didn't mind. How could I ever want for anything as long as I had her? She loved me. Though she hasn't said it a part of her knows she does. Her heart remembers me. I looked at her face and she scanned the population. She was listening to what they were saying.

Most commentary by those he noticed was just surprised but neutral or happy about us. A few nasty jealous comments escaped and I knew that's what Piper was listening to. I rubbed my thumb over her hand and she glanced over at me. She understood what I meant looking into my eyes. I wish there was a way to help her understand.

I can't remind of her of our time together in the captivity of the doctors. I wouldn't want to. I wouldn't want to remind of the pain she endured. I would only want her to remember that feeling. What is was like to only have each other. The trust it came with. But it's difficult because I don't want to hog her. I want her life to be better. I hope she gets closer with Lydia and Kira. Not Malia... I don't like the way she looks at Piper. She hardly ever speaks to her and if she does it always comes across underhanded and snarky. Piper keeps her cool and I'm proud of her for that.

Malia walks around with a high and mighty attitude now that's she's found acceptance in Stiles. Piper would kick her ass any day. She's an alpha. But I can't keep thinking negatively about Malia. She might come around one day.

My only goal is to protect my girl. We stop at my locker for a moment and I get out my books.

"So what're you doing this weekend?" I asked her. She snapped her head as though I awoke her from a train of thought. He curls bounced in her ponytail from the movement.

"Nothing at this point. Is there something you're wanting to do?" she asked lightly.

"I just think it'd be good for you to hang out with Lydia and or Kira this weekend. Girl night or something." She raised an eyebrow. "I think it'd be healthy if you balanced your life since you're here. You have me. Always. But I also want you to have some friends as well. I don't want you to feel like you owe your time to me. You don't have to obviously but... I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud."

She thought silently about what I was saying. Her face was unreadable. "You're right." She finally spoke. "Maybe I'll even take up a sport." She was smiling. "I used to play soccer... maybe I should get back into it. You think?" I kissed her forehead.

"Great idea." I'm glad she got the idea to get back into a sport. I hadn't told her I was doing lacrosse yet. There was a game next Friday and I would tell her probably tomorrow after I got my jersey. I can't wait to see her wearing it. Representing my number. Territorial much? Yeah a little. I like to flaunt her off... sue me.

I noticed Scott and Kira approaching. Piper looked up and waved to them. I always thought it was interesting to watch Scott and Piper interact. Two alphas. Scott the more passive. Piper a bit more rigid but loyal to the core. Both strong and both friends.

"Hey you guys!" Kira smiled. Piper smiled. It was surprising to see her shy away from people. I was going to help her out a little.

"Hey Scott. Wanna go camping up to the lake with me this weekend? It can be you, me, Stiles, and Liam. I have to housesit this weekend so..." I shrugged.

"Yeah man. Sounds great!" he gave me fist bump. Kira's face pouted a little.

"Oh well. Piper you want to come over? We'll have our own hangout while the boys are gone. What do you say?"

"Of course! Sounds fun. We don't need these guys anyway." She joked. I stared at her in mock shock. She smirked but her eyes thanked me for the help. I would always be here to help her. Even if it's just to help her have a get together with a friend. The bell rang again signaling the beginning of another school day. We collectively groaned knowing AP Bio awaited us...

I draped my arm around Piper as we headed to class.

The end of the day came soon enough. I had lacrosse practice that I excused as going the gym. I kissed Piper goodbye and headed out to the field.

Another great practice. Some great goals scored in assistance with Scott in our practice scrimmage.

"Congrats Raeken you're on first line." Coach patted me on the back and handed me my jersey after practice. I grinned excited that I could tell Piper now.

I saw a tall thin figure standing in a black leather jacket at the edge of the field. Long curly hair blowing in the wind. Crap... she's probably pissed. I walked over to her slowly.

"Hey babe." I greeted her. Her dark eyeliner made her eyes a pit of black. Extremely intimidating and hard to face when she glared at me as harshly as she was right now.

"Hey babe. How was the gym?" her voice was calm. Scary calm.

"I'm sorry I kept it from you I wanted to surprise you with my jersey so you could wear it to our first game next week. I made first string. Sorry I kept it from you." I half expected a slap but I was greeted with a kiss. I was immediately weakened and my brain fuzzed over.

She pulled away and held my face in her hands. "I'm proud of you. Very proud. This was a good surprise. Sorry I was looked really ticked off. I just- don't do well with surprises. She laughed and I could smell the intoxicating combo of cinnamon and roses rolling off her skin. Knockout scent.

"Let's go home." I grinned. As we were walking she pinched my butt and color crept up to my face, stunned she did that. She was so reserved in public. And well she never did that. She smirked at my red face.

"Can't wait to see you kick some ass. Cheering you on from the stands in your jersey."

"I love you girl." I pinched the cute dimple on her cheek lightly when she smiled. She laughed and smacked hand away.

"Love you too wolf boy." She smiled radiantly at me. Sunlight bounced off her skin. Eyes now shining with beauty. In this moment... I am infinitely happy.