Chapter One: Back to the Beacon

Piper POV

I laced my combat boots quickly, listening to the too cheerful birds chirping outside my window. I was now residing in a small apartment alone. It wasn't far from Beacon Hills High School. Sunlight burst through the window splaying across the soft carpet and felt warm against my skin.

I was in no way ready to go back to school. Here.  Around people I'd spent five years trying to forget. Now here I am needing their help. I felt pent up rage surging through me. Good. I would need that.

Rage is what helped to keep my phasing under control. Being an alpha wasn't easy. Especially without a pack. It came with so much more power that was difficult to control. It seems as though I've mastered it well enough. I haven't had a difficult full moon for over a year.

I walked to my closet and pulled my tank top over my head. I walked to the mirror. Today I needed to turn heads. I needed to draw attention to myself hoping it will being Scott's attention along with the rest of the population. I have no idea how I ever expected to do that.
I examined my long black and unruly curly hair.

Hopeless

Chocolate brown skin with a few small scars.

Unnoticeable

Piercing black irises that caused people to avert their gaze rather than draw it.

This was hopeless for sure.

Still I attempted to put on my makeup and tame my hair. I decided it was good enough to at least not startle people with my hideousness when I entered the school.

"You'll never get to join the pack with that attitude. You have to believe it to sell it." I chided myself mentally. I wasn't really sure how to even be apart of a pack already lead by an alpha. If I couldn't be apart of it, I at least want them as allies. I'd already been friends with them before and that didn't go well...

Reluctantly I headed out the door to school. I "borrowed" myself a convertible BMW for senior year in Beacon Hills. Theft isn't my style but this car certainly is. I pulled up the red light just before the school and noticed a rather crappy jeep next to me. I squinted to see the driver almost sure it was... No.... Never mind.

I reached the school and geared myself for the day to come. Time to make a first impression. A few people already whistled when my car rolled up. Impressed by the brand and the price tag that comes along with it.

I just smirked at the admirers, grabbed my bag, and headed for the school. I was not looking forward to seeing Scott or anyone else who might've stayed behind. But I had to. I rigged my schedule to have at least two classes with him. Sighing, I opened up the doors to Beacon Hills High School.