Chapter 28: Revive

I swung open the door and was confused.

"Parrish?" I asked quizzically.

"We smelled Lydia." Theo frowned.

"Sorry to disappoint. I was just at her house... So yeah. Anyway, we know who died Piper."

"Who?"

"No one. You don't kill people. You borrow your energy from the Nematod. From the earth. Lydia read up on you some more and that's what she found."

"I didn't kill anyone?" A smile spread on my face.

"No kid. I just came by to tell you the good news." He ruffled my damp hair and left.

"I didn't kill anyone Theo!" He smiled half heartedly. I remembered that he had...

"I'm sorry." I touched his face that looked so sad. "You wanna talk about it?" He shook his head frowning slightly.

"No. It was something I couldn't help. But sometimes... I can't help but wonder if maybe- I could've."

"I know you couldn't. You wouldn't just kill Theo." he kissed the palm of my hand.

"Let's get out of this apartment. Do something. Anything." I don't know what we could do really.

"You know what. I've never seen you play soccer."

"Well I mean season doesn't start for like 3 weeks." I shrugged.

"How about a little one on one?"

"Let's put a bet on it. What does the winner get?"

"Well it's pretty early. I'll make it simple. Whoever wins picks the dinner & movie tonight." He smiled.

"You're on." I threw on a different shirt and a sports bra and my nikes. Theo was already in a tank and matching gray sweats. His muscular frame was bent over tying his shoes.

"Ready to lose wolf boy?" I smirked as he stood up. He laughed in an over exaggerated manner.

"How cute! You think you'll beat me!" He kept laughing out the door and I was tempted to push him down the elevator.
Theo got the car and kicked up his shoes on the dashboard.
I drove us to a clearing in the woods. I used to play here with Lydia when we were both in little league. Well I played... She either read or complain about the humidity making her hair frizz.

He hopped out. And took his position on the opposite side of the clearing.

"First to reach three goals wins?" He asked. I nodded ready to demolish Theo.

We engaged in a battle of athletic ability and speed. Who could out maneuver the quickest. This was much easier for me. Though Theo put up a good fight. I of course won. I scored my 3rd goal after Theo fell in a puddle of mud.

"How cute. You thought you were going to win." I teased. He just stared up with a blank face. He pulled my hand and dragged me next to him in the mud.

"Thanks." I growled. He seemed pleased with himself and slabbed some mud on my cheek. I groaned in protest to this. Gross.

I just scowled at him but he nuzzled up under me and growled in a way that was equivalent to a contented purr.

"You wouldn't be mad at a little beta pup now would you?" He leaned across my muddy lap staring with his puppy eyes. In response I rolled him face first in the mud and laughed. We fought slinging mud left and right and whenever the other tried to stand we'd immediately snag them back down. We were a mess laughing in the slippery earth.

"Alright where do you want to go swamp monster?" He asked.

"Hmmm lets go grab some Thai Food and watch... The Scorch Trials! You know that Dylan guy kind of looks like Stiles?" He laughed and I realized something... His hair was almost completely spared of mud. "Oh. And one more thing pretty boy..." I plopped mud on his head. I snorted and scrambled off not caring how much dirt we tracked into the car.

'This could be us' by Rae sremmrud came on and I gasped.

"AAAND I KNOW THEY REALLY WISH WE WOULD BALL TILL WE FALL. IM THE BIG BAD WOLF AND ITS A FULL MOON YALL" I belted out at the top of my lungs. Theo covered his ears and laughed. We got back to my place and cleaned off. I needed help washing my hair and Theo obliged and tried to give me a soapy Mohawk.

I settled on a black dress. I'd forgotten that I owned one. It was definitely too tight and revealing. That's why I should wear it. After I changed and put my face on. I saw Theo buttoning up a nice dress shirt and he wore nice slacks that definitely complimented his butt. His eyes bugged out a little when he saw me.

"Dammit Piper. Now I'm going to beat up every guy who looks at you." He chuckled darkly. He raised me hand and spun me around slowly, capturing the image fully. He raised an eyebrow in approval.

I smiled "You look rather handsome yourself." I scanned his outfit really loving fancy Theo.

Together we strode off into a wonderful evening of laughs and a stellar film. We got home and cuddled on the couch. We never ran out of things to talk about.

"I have question... Do you think... I could bring people back that have been gone for a while?"

"I don't really know that you should. It may not bring results you want." He frowned stroking my hair.

"They have a friend. Lydia. Scott and Stiles. Her name was Allison. I think I could... Try." I was not ready to give up the idea that I could bring back her along with my mother and aunts.

I am supernatural. Super in the highest sense of the word. I am an alpha. I am the life stealer. Undertaker. Chimæra. I am all things. I will return my family. First... I will bring back Allison Argent. And find out which member of her family killed mine.

Me: hey!!! So seriously listen to Rae Sremmrud 'this could be us' that one lyric always makes me think of Theo is some badass edit or something ❤️