Chapter 12: I Will

Chapter 12

I Will

After I passed out I woke up in the butterfly infirmary. I was still too shocked, by the way Illmarisuoh's and my link had been snapped just like that, to talk to anyone. So we went home.

The moment the car was parked I jumped out and ran inside. All the mirrors had been shattered and many dishes and other things laid broken on the floor. I ignored it and ran upstairs to Illmarisuoh's room and threw the door open. I stopped at the closet door, afrid of what I might see, took a deep breath and opened it slowly.

It was a mess with the board games and puzzles having been tossed every which way. Some parts of the wall even had splatters of blood on it. I then look at the cocoon to see it's torn open but I don't see Illmarisuoh's body anywhere. I run out and search the house room by room and find nothing but a ton of broken glass. In the bath room I find the first aid kit open with everything but the gauze on the floor. I also see lots of blood in the tub and on the floor.

"What happened in here?" I heard my father say.

"Do you think we got robbed?" My mother said.

I ignored them and focoused on Illmarisuoh like my life depended on it. If he was alive no matter how far away he was I'd be able to sense him. There was an emptiness only death could cause.

"No," I whispered trying to deny it. I couldn't believe it. If I did I would shatter, "NO!" I screamed.

Mom and dad came charging up the stairs and tried to soothe me but nothing can fill the place a twin once held. It hurt so much, I screamed and screamed and it wouldn't stop.

"Illmarisuoh! Illmarisuoh!" I screamed agin and again. I clawed at my heart trying to rip it out. Trying to make the pain go away. My father restrained my arms but in my current state I was much stronger.

I screamed and sent the pain flying outside of me and the lightbulbs exploded and the electric sockets spouted sparks. The wind outside picked up and the windows shattered.

"Luna is she causing this?" My mother yelled at her.

"Possibly, butterfly powers can be summond by strong emotions!" She yelled above the wind. She touched my hand and the world went dark.

I woke up in a hospital bed and found I felt very drowsy. I couldn't think staright which made me frustrated. There was a popping sound and the drowsiness slowly cleared. My feelings felt strange. Like they'd been diluted or sealed away or as if they were fading.

"Looks like she blew it up." Lexi said from the door way. "She seems to control weather elements. Electricity is a weather element but it's more likely she just messed with the water molecules. Her powers aren't based on emotion. They're based on will and destroy emotion. If she uses them too much she'll lose her ability to feel. I've never seen it but I've heard of it. She'll be capable of anything, murder, genocide, torture, suicide. Anything and feel nothing at all." Lexie said her voice strained. "You can already feel it can't you?" She said to me.

"Yes," I said. I could feel it and her discription felt accurate, "Mom, I'm hungry." She took the hint and took off.

"Lexi, what is it like to not have feelings? Is it like being dead?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I can geuss. I hid a lot of my emotions away after Aponicho died. I felt like I was dead for awhile but some part of me was alive. It's like becoming inhuman. Without feelings you will lose your human heart and become a monster. You must not use your powers unless it's absalutely necessary." She said harshly.