Chapter Nine: Jealousy Ain't a Two-Way Street

RECAP:

"Right, so, what's your talent?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I, " he stated, pausing for a dramatic effect, "throw spears."

I gave him a little nod of approval. "Nice. Show me?"

Marvel smirked then gestured for me to follow him. We arrived at what I assumed to be a spear throwing station, as several spears varying in size were lined up on a rack similar to the ones the knives were lined up on, except this one was quite larger in size. Like the knife throwing station, there were numerous dummies lined up just waiting to be "killed".

Marvel picked up one of the longer spears and threw it at a dummy with easy. He stuck it in the stomach, and it bent backwards from the hit.

To be honest, Marvel was quite impressive. But I knew he didn't have what it would take to win the Games. I glanced around the room as Marvel went to retrieve his spear, and my eyes fell on Cato, who, at the moment, didn't even notice me. He was too busy giving the death glare to Marvel.

- - - - -

"Marvel, I'll be right back, " I called, and he nodded in response.

I casually strolled over to Cato, a smirk on my lips. There could only be one reason why he was glaring at Marvel like that. And amusement exploded inside of me at the thought of it. Cato was obviously jealous. Why? I'm not quite sure. But I'm going to find out, even if it costs me a rant of anger from the blonde brute.

"What's the look for?" I asked him, grinning.

Cato turned to me and narrowed his eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about."

A quiet laugh escaped my lips. "Aww, is someone a little...jealous?"

Cato seemed to regain his usual "bad boy" composure and he tilted his head to the side a bit, completing the look with a smirk playing on his lips. "Now, why would I be jealous? Of him? Please, he's awkward and gangly, he can't throw a spear right, and if anything, I pity him. He's been spending nearly all of his training time with a short-tempered midget."

Raising an eyebrow, I took a step towards him, refusing to lose my temper. He was playing games with me, and I knew it. "I suppose this means you always look like an angry troll, then? I'm referring to the scowl you had plastered on your face moments ago, in case you've gotten used to the look and forgot it was even there."

Cato let out a low chuckle, shaking his head. "Merely disappointed in the fact that I'm going to have to ally with someone so terrible at their so-called profession."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't think he's that terrible."

My blonde companion grinned at me. "Maybe I wasn't talking about him."

"You're right, Glimmer's pretty terrible, " I retorted, smirking.

Obviously, his little comment had been to spite me. But, if he's gonna play, he better go big or go home. In this case, he's a loser and he needs to go home.

Cato's grin dropped at my reply, and he shifted uncomfortably. "I wouldn't say she's terribl-"

"She's terrible."

He actually nodded in agreement, to my surprise. "Yeah, she is. But that doesn't mean she isn't hot."

I rolled my eyes. "You're such a pig."

Cato scoffed at me. "Like you don't do the same thing with guys. Unless, of course-"

"Ugh, don't even."