I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

“What the hell am I seeing ?” Amy animatedly said.

“Pardon ?” Miranda glance at her.

I just stay quiet and think about how I can repair my image after this. My image that I build with many hard work and punches is shattered.

“How can you tame her ?” She point at me.

“The hell ? I’m not an animal damn it !” I hiss at her which taken her aback.

“Miranda ! Are you Rain’s girlfriend ?” She’s starting to act crazy now.

I look at Miranda and she’s blushing like mad. Amy grab my shoulder and shake me like crazy. I slap away her hands from me and give her a warning glare.

“Why is she so soft on Miranda Van Vale ? And look at how she treat me.”

“FYI, we’re not dating and she is special in not the kind of way you’re thinking right now.” I answer rather calmly.”

I wait for a few minutes for them to calm down. After that I start talking to the about why i brought them to my place in the first place. Mrs. Lynch. I mean there’s no way that she wouldn’t call both of them. They fight on the hallway for the love of Neptune.

“You guys should probably think about what to say to Mrs. Lynch.”

“I forgot about that.” Miranda suddenly realizes and started to panic.

“And why are we skipping ?” Amy added.

“Well, I have thought of something. Just say that the three of us skip school to play around.”

“How’s that gonna change anything ?” Amy ask in doubt.

“Just let me do all the talking.”

Just then the phone ring and i recognize the number right away. It’s the school phone number. I scratch my head in frustration and take a deep breath. I’m gonna lie a whole lot this day please forgive me God.

“Speak of the devil.” I whisper.

I answer the phone and place it a little farther away from my ear.

“Rain Spencer Dawn ! Where are you ?!” It’s Mrs. Lynch voice.

“Good day Mam, what is the problem ?”

“Don’t play innocent here. You can’t skip school. Go to school right now ! And wear your uniform the right way !”

“Ugh, okay.”

I was about to end the call but Mrs. Lynch speak again.

“And bring Ms. Van Vale and Ms. Rogers if you saw them.”

“Who’s Rogers ?”

“It’s Amy Rogers.”

“Aye Mam.”

Then she hang up. I look at Amy and Miranda then back at the phone. I drag them with me to the car. On the road I just realize something. I look at Amy and grab her shoulder and said confusingly.

“Your last name is Rogers ?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh, I just found out.”

“Aw, Rain. Even though we share like 6 classes together.”

“I never knew okay ?”

“Well, at least you know my first name.” She pouts.

“Oh I almost forgot. Did anyone know about the cause of your fight ?”

“Well, Ashley I think.” Miranda answer this time.

“Anyone else ?”

“I don’t think so, the crowd got there when we start pulling each other hair.”

“That’s good.” I sigh.

After a few minutes of silence we finally arrive at school. It’s very calm so that means class is still going on. I look at my watch and notice that it’s one hour before class ends. I just tell them to hurry before the class ends to avoid gossiping passerby and weird rumors if they saw us getting back. We finally reach the headmaster office. Mir and Amy look kind of scared I think it’s because they never really been called in. As for me, well you know me. I lazily knock the door. And we hear her voice telling me and my party to come in. She always knew how I knock which is weird because I knock differently every time I get called.

“We’re here your majesty.” I said flatly while I seat myself across her.

“Rain, your manner is just... Ahh, forget it.” Mrs. Lynch just sigh and wave around her hands and told Mir and Amy to sit.

“So, what happen this morning ?” Mrs. Lynch ask.

“What ?” I ask back.

“I heard there was commotion in the hallway that involves Ms. Van Vale and Ms. Rogers and a third party that drags them which are Ms. Dawn.”

“I’m so sorry but I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I smirk.

We argue for a while. Of course Mrs. Lynch won’t buy such a cheap lie but I convince her to not punish Amy and Mir and tell her that it’s just misunderstanding that I have settled earlier this day.

“Okay fine, I won’t punish you. You both are dismissed.”

“What about me ?” I ask her.

“I want to talk to you for a bit.”

Mir and Amy left with concern all over their face. Maybe they’re afraid that I might be punished instead. But I won’t worry too much, I know what she wants to talk about.

“So, my offer to you ?”

I think for a while before making my decision. I think it’s the right one.

“I accept.”

“Great, I’ll prepare everything. You can prepare your speech.”