In Between XXIX : Choose

It's been a week since my birthday. And it was a blast! I can still fully remember everything that happened that night. Niall was so drunk that he tries to talk in Spanish to whoever he bumped into. Liam and Danielle had to leave early after the dancing part of the party because they have to attend Danielle's dance conference. Harry in penguin suit trends on twitter the next day, and the good thing was there's only a single picture of Harry and I dancing, and it was uploaded with a caption of Harry dancing with his friend. I deactivated my social networks' accounts except my twitter that received a lot of hates though I only had 6 tweets and a couple of followers including the boys.

I've been staring at the pile of gifts on the corner of my bedroom, some are already open and some sat still there, unopened. Then I focused on the baby blue palm sized wrapped box on the bed side table, it has been there for six consecutive days, untouched. I reached for it and wrapped it with both of my hands.

"I wonder what's on it." I said, it's the gift Niall gave me a week ago that I promised I won't open, I just regretted that I promised him that, now my curiosity is eating me.

I heard a knock on the door, my face lit up and a wide smile spread on my face. I stood up from my bed still on my pajamas. I put back Niall's gift on the end table and hurriedly went to the living room, I checked the house first before opening the door.

"Hey!!" I said.

Just like always, he's smiling so wide to me showing his braceless teeth. "Good Morning!!" He greeted putting his hands a little high for me to see that he brought breakfast.

My eyes search for Colleen and when I didn't find her, disappointment crossed my face, "Where's Colleen?" I asked.

His face shows disappointment for a second but smiled after, "she has to attend dancing something. And she let me brought these food for us to cook this breakfast." He said.

I smiled, "sure! C'mon in Niall!" I said reaching for the plastic he has on his hands, it was heavy. I brought it inside and put it on the dining table, "So, what do we have here?" I said scanning the plastic.

Niall is already beside me before I could look for where he is. "I'll cook." He volunteered.

I cocked my ear near him, "sorry, I think I misheard what you said, I think you're saying.. 'I'll eat!'" I said, though I really am not sure if he really volunteered to cook because that would be shocking.

He chuckled, "Nahh, I'll cook!" He said snatching the plastic to his side.

I smiled at him, "Then I'll help you!" I volunteered too.

"You don't have to, you should take a shower first while I cook." He said playing with my uncombed and frizzy hair, I moved away glaring at him, "after you take a bath, the food is already cooked, tadaaa!" He said.

Now that's pretty convincing, I gave up glaring at him and punched him on his right arm, "You better not let my house burn or else I'll be sleeping on the streets." I said before leaving him.

My shower isn't relaxing at all. My heart pound so fast that I can't help but worry, I'm letting Niall cook alone in my kitchen. I am not really worried about my house on fire, but I'm worried that if Niall got burned, I don't even know if he could handle himself. I had to finish my shower a little bit early than usual.

When I stepped out of the bathroom, I can't identify what he's trying to cook now, but the smell is all over the house. I docked my head to the door and see him cook, still in one piece, I sighed out of relief. I closed the door and started changing. It took me lots of minutes before I could change my clothes to something house-like. But I decided to wear my all-time faded jeans and a simple shirt that's a little bigger on me.